NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

In Montario Hardesty's debut with the Browns, he looked impressive! Why was he not taken in the first round?

... then he injured his knee. Again. This guy's had knee problem's his entire career at Tennessee. Quite a shame. All the talent in the world, but he can't stay healthy....

Colt McCoy finished his rather underwhelming preseason with a perfect 13/13 for 131 yards, 0 TD's and 1 fumble.

The majority of his passes were short screens which the Bears were giving us all night long as they were playing soft defense.

Despite his perfect completion percentage this game, I'm now seeing why Colt was a 3rd round selection. He's a project. Just glad he'll be able to take his time to develop behind Delhomme & Wallace. He's got a lot of work to do.

In Montario Hardesty's debut with the Browns, he looked impressive! Why was he not taken in the first round?

... then he injured his knee. Again. This guy's had knee problem's his entire career at Tennessee. Quite a shame. All the talent in the world, but he can't stay healthy....

Now you know why he wasn't taken in the first round.

Not even....do you really wanna risk your QB for possibly the year....??!! That is the ONLY thing I ask you?

If it will stop the other team from scoring...YES.

My biggest pet peeve is when a kicker lets a guy run pass him and not even attempt to tackle the player, same with a QB. It's football, they have to hit.

My biggest pet peeve is when a kicker lets a guy run pass him and not even attempt to tackle the player, same with a QB. It's football, they have to hit.

That's natural football instinct.......not some pu$$y way of playing football...:rolleyes:

Maybe you want the QB to play in a big plastic bubble on YOUR team, but I want a football player, thank you very much.

Tebow made a very nice, hard tackle, in last nights' game.

Last edited:
Ben's suspension officially reduced to 4 games unless he indulges in any stupidity between now and then.

Officially done w/ a torn ACL

Broncos also lost LenDale White to the same injury (edit: oops, torn achilles, ow.)

Some conflicting reports on Leftwich's knee, from MCL damage to a torn MCL, latest is that it's a 2nd-degree MCL sprain and he wants to try and play through it instead of having season ending surgery. (yeah right, not with that OL)

Last edited:
Actually LenDale White is out for the year(career?) with a torn Achilles. Damn it!! He was showing such promise. Broncos just can't get away from the injury bug!

Now who will be available after cuts??

Maybe they'll bring back Fargas? Surely someone younger and cheaper will show up on waivers though.

Speaking of injuries and completely unrelated to football, on a team outing this week a coworker broke her sternum cliffdiving... to quote her today 'this is more painful than childbirth i think'

Maybe they'll bring back Fargas? Surely someone younger and cheaper will show up on waivers though.

Speaking of injuries and completely unrelated to football, on a team outing this week a coworker broke her sternum cliffdiving... to quote her today 'this is more painful than childbirth i think'

I think Fargas avg'd less than 2 yards a carry while here, so I don't think so. Surely there will be scraps or better tomorrow. We need that big, short yardage, goal line guy. Hey! Maybe Tebow! :D

So you are willing to risk your QB for the year for something that may not be needed.....for one play?!! WOW!! I sure as hell don't.

That's natural football instinct.......not some pu$$y way of playing football...:rolleyes:

Maybe you want the QB to play in a big plastic bubble on YOUR team, but I want a football player, thank you very much.

Tebow made a very nice, hard tackle, in last nights' game.

You can have him. I would take a QB doing an 'Ole' tackle and throwing for my team ANY DAY OF THE WEEK than an injured tough guy sittin' on the bench, getting paid to do nothing. Yeah, his team will respect him for all of about 2 weeks until team can't win worth a sh!7 without him and then they will resent him even more for taking a chance on the team and season.

....so yeah...take your injured tough guy....I will take my "ole" tackling STARTING QB any day of the week.;)

So you are willing to risk your QB for the year for something that may not be needed.....for one play?!! WOW!! I sure as hell don't.

I bet MOST QBs would tackle a guy to save a TD if they had a chance because they are football players unless the players are wussys who only want to throw or hand off the ball and expects to keep their uniform clean.

That ONE play could mean the playoffs or going home early.

I bet MOST QBs would tackle a guy to save a TD if they had a chance because they are football players unless the players are wussys who only want to throw or hand off the ball and expects to keep their uniform clean.

That ONE play could mean the playoffs or going home early.

I disagree. A NFL team pays a QB to THROW. The team pays everyone ELSE tackle and block. An dumb attempt like Orton's can cost you the season right then and there. The OTHER games, you have hopefully have a chance, with a different QB, you HOPE.

I agree we disagree.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts