NFL ticket - Superfan - Double Billing us ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbd24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
You subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket. You subscribe to D* HD package on a monthly basis.

Now, D* comes out with another spin off of the Sunday Ticket. Superfan.

How are they marketing this you ask ? Well, there biggest plug seems to be that you get more games in HD with Superfan. You can only access the HD games on the NFL Sunday Ticket with Superfan.

Isnt that double billing ? I paid for the NFL Sunday Ticket already. 249.00 . I pay a monthly fee for HD programming. Now, they want me to pay another 99.00 for superfan ?

How is this not part of the plan I paid for ? Sunday Ticket isnt cheap my friends.

B.S. move by D* if you ask me. Yes, I realize there are other features with Superfan. So sell those features and leave the HD programming of games to subscribers of the NFL Sunday Ticket, and HD programming.

Its pretty easy.

Sunday Ticket

The NFL Sunday Ticket was roughly the same price before hd was a thing. So now they added hd and have a separate package as not to make all subs pay for hd if they have no access.

Geeez bbd, your just begging me to flame you again. You have got to start investigating things before you sign. It was the same last year , but , those of us that paid for it ended up getting it this year either free or greatly discounted. I will assume you didn't have it last year. Anyway, there was a big stink about it last year because the year before, I think it was just 2 years ago, it was included as part of the package. Not saying it is right, but, it is clear through all of the marketing, website etc...that the SF package includes the HD games, the regular ST does not. Don't know how long you have been a sub but if it has been awhile, it wont be a problem, if your fairly new, probably at least a discount with a call. My suggestion is to call and nicely explain that you thought you were getting the HD games. Next time investigate. And also, you may want to call D* and see if you can resolve an issue you have first so then you can post what a nice job they did for you or really raise hell because you didn't get any satisfaction.

Flame me baby . but I'd rather have your answers to the problem to be honest.

Good Points.. I just sent an email out today explaining the same situation. I have been a long time customer, but only started HD programming this year. I didnt have it last year. I did subscribe to the Sunday Ticket though.

What number should I be calling ? Or what department ?

vedhead said:
Thats why you call and ask them to give it to you for free.

Its pretty easy.

They would not give it to me for free,I called 3 times and got no deal,no discount,no nothing the first 2 times.When I called a 3rd time the lady I spoke with said that since I had only been with D* since Jan. of this year not many deals were given out to newer customers !!!!!! But when I told her that I left E* for D* she loosened up a bit and gave me $90 in credits off my HD Pack and Sports Pack.So the S.F. add on only cost me $9.00.Thats the best that I could do,not a total loss by any means but not a total freebie either.

Well, thats what I'm looking for I guess..

But again, how can they charge us for Superfan when were paying 250.00 and 10/month for the Ticket and HD programming.

If I'm paying a fee for HD programming already, I better be getting the NFL in HD as well.

I am paying for it as it is.. Its not like I'm getting something for free. They obviously don't realize it and are just looking for another way to start hammering us in the A** with another bogus fee.

Great idea with superfan, but try again.

I called in August to see if I could get SuperFan at a discounted price. She gave it to me FREE and I didn't even ask. I think if you're polite, they will help you. I have only been a D* subscriber since July 2006, so being a NEW customer has nothing to do with getting something for free.

dishnet520 said:
I called in August to see if I could get SuperFan at a discounted price. She gave it to me FREE and I didn't even ask. I think if you're polite, they will help you. I have only been a D* subscriber since July 2006, so being a NEW customer has nothing to do with getting something for free.

Buddy,I`m just telling you what I was told by the 3rd person that I spoke with at customer retention.My prior 2 calls I was a absolute sweet-heart with those 2 guys and they would not give one bit and would not even tell me why others were receiving a price break or free SF,they basically told me that these are the prices for both the S.T. and S.F. packages do you want to subscribe or not,my reply was no,that's a little more than I wanted to spend.Thinking that might trigger a reaction from them and offering a price break of some sort.There response was however, " Well if you change your mind please call back anytime",Is there anything else that DirecTV can assist you with today "???,my answer,no. "Ok,thank you for calling DirecTv,and you have a great day".I guess it all comes down to timing and mine those first 2 attempts was`nt there.

The real question is, why does DirecTV make its subscribers jump through hoops? Why can't it just do the right thing and give Super Fan for free to Sunday Ticket subscribers, especially those who subscribe to HD, without making those rare few in the know (i.e., satelliteguys.us members) make one phone call after another, hoping to get the right person who'll give them what they should be getting all along? Why does DTV, like all cable companies, make every possible attempt to dip into subscribers' pockets? Why do you have to cancel DTV (or threaten to cancel) before customer service starts paying attention to you and treats you like it actually wants you? For years, I wrote emails to DTV and never got a response (from the company that's supposedly No. 1 in customer service. As if that means anything with cable/satellite providers. "Congratulations. You're the nicest crooks."). Then, three or four years ago, when I finally cancelled, only then did they acknowledge my existence and start making me offers (which I refused; I was so happy to be getting away from them). I'm back only because of the sports packages, but once again, I'm dissatisfied with their customer service. Of course, as we all know, there's nowhere to turn. Their rivals aren't any better. And they know it.

I don't get the extra 99 thing either, I didn't have to pay it this year when I complained about it, but it wasn't really a complaint, I just said it was getting too expensive as it was before the extra 99 and they gave me the SF for free so I kept it. Just got HD so I fugrued what the heck. If they make me pay 99 bucks just to get the games in HD i'll just drop the whole thing what with the extra games and all on NFL network. Just can't see paying an extra 100 on top of the 250, that's too much. Not an issue this year, i'll just wait and see what they do next summer and call when the prices come out. All I watch is the games, none of that other stuff.

Geaux1: I just got back in town and tried to reply to your email and it gave some message that email was refused. I reply to email via the SatGuys setup so you will need to check in your SatGuys control panel, then options to please see if you have email from members turned on. Thanks and sorry for busting in on this thread.

I think next year the HD games should be part of the Sunday Ticket package IF you have the HD pack. They can also bulk up the Superfan package features and charge $69 or $79 for it. If you don't have the HD package, they can charge you $39 for Sunday Ticket HD. By next year HD will be even more mainstream, it's going to make even less sense to charge extra for those games.

Funny thing is, for most of us, there is no one receiver that supports the Superfan interactive features and HD, so how does it make sense to have the features in the same package?

geaux1 said:
I don't get the extra 99 thing either, I didn't have to pay it this year when I complained about it, but it wasn't really a complaint, I just said it was getting too expensive as it was before the extra 99 and they gave me the SF for free so I kept it. Just got HD so I fugrued what the heck. If they make me pay 99 bucks just to get the games in HD i'll just drop the whole thing what with the extra games and all on NFL network. Just can't see paying an extra 100 on top of the 250, that's too much. Not an issue this year, i'll just wait and see what they do next summer and call when the prices come out. All I watch is the games, none of that other stuff.

I'm with you geaux1. I got the fee waived after calling. I love the NFL, but $99 is too much. I want to watch the games in HD but not for more money. I will enjoy the season this year (my 3rd with NFLST) but next fall my contract with D* will be up. I am hoping I'll be able to negotiate the SuperFan freebie then too.

It sucks to have to negotiate deals with D*. Ugh.

Yeah, if I have to pay the extra 99, i'll still stay with DTV for Setanta and some other stuff, but i'll cancel ST alltogether.

I called complaining (based on this thread - thanks!) and got my hd fee waived for 6 mos. and an additional 3 mos. $10 credit to offset the superfan cost.

Yeah, I agree. Its not right. But I am getting SuperFan for free since I subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket before April 30, so I'm not complaining too much.

I think its a bit ironic that they want you to pay extra for SuperFan when the "Interactive" features of SuperFan require the "Active" button that doesn't work on the H20 HD receivers yet. So, what are HD users supposed to do? Watch the HD games on the H20 in one room, then run into another room and use the Interactive features on another TV with a D11 receiver????

Last edited:
Hi, I have been lurking for a week and have learned much from this forum. I think I went and did a stupid thing. I got mad at D** for continuing my subscription for NFLST without me signing up. So I called they gave me six months of showtime and lowered the price so i stayed with it. So thinking that I had HD I go and buy mysel a nice treat 37in lcd. Prior to purchacing the TV I contact D** and get set up for install of HDTV and they say I am an "A" list customer and give it to me free of charge. So Now im excited free box cool tv NFLST some beer in the fridge and a remote in my hand. Then I find the email in my spam folder and read on this site they want to charge 99 extra. My question is after the discount and the free showtime and the free box and install do you guys think I can gt away with asking for free hd NFLST? If so any tips on how to go about talking with them (magic words) so to speak? Also wasnt NFLST in HD last year without a charge other than the HD package and the standard NFLST package charge?

Thanks

Miles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)