NFL to Test 3-D

Well BH know I am a Raider fan and I will make the joke.

The NFL will test live 3-D action saying "its the ONLY way we could think of to try and make the Raiders look remotely good".

Read on...NCAA Championship in 3D in 150 Digital Theaters Nationwide.

I didn't even know this stuff was happening, looks like there is some really cool stuff to look forward to over the next couple of years. I don't know about you guys, but 3D sports sounds fantastic to me!

Does this mean everyone that comes to your house for a football party has to wear those funny glasses or risk going cross eyed?

I don't see this taking off in the home. I can see the advantage on the large screen or in a home theater, but not on a normal sized TV.

Does this mean everyone that comes to your house for a football party has to wear those funny glasses or risk going cross eyed?

I don't see this taking off in the home. I can see the advantage on the large screen or in a home theater, but not on a normal sized TV.

Agreed, didn't even think about that. But for us projector people, bring it on!! Or for that matter, if it works really well, wouldn't mind going to a theater now and then.

So, I wonder what bird this will be on and what kind of glasess would be needed.

can't be had at home.

I found the feed, it wasn't in 3D since apparently the processing of the two images into one is done at each theater.

The feed had 2 images side by side (and at times you could see they were out of kilter by a little bit as you'd expect from something 3D'ish with left and right being slightly different angles from each other).

I hope for the BCS Championship the processing is done in the production truck so the satellite feed is ready for one to just wear glasses to watch, but that may not be how the 3D effect is done in the television world. I know it won't be 3D out of the truck if 3Dality is involved in that production (it'll just be the 2 images side by side again).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts