NHL 2012 off-season notes & transactions

Not a good day. NHLPA counter-proposal way off.

I don't think the owners really want an agreement. I really don't think agreeing to the 50/50 split but honoring current contracts is that bad of a deal. I wish I could go back and change contracts that I am not happy with.

Read that the winter classic was in jeopardy. NHL needs to get it together as people put the NHL in the rear mirror

Read that the winter classic was in jeopardy. NHL needs to get it together as people put the NHL in the rear mirror

Currently both the Winter Classic and the All-Star game are both in jeopardy if they don't complete a full 82 game season. I will be very disappointed if they start a season and the All-Star game is canceled.

I don't think the owners really want an agreement. I really don't think agreeing to the 50/50 split but honoring current contracts is that bad of a deal. I wish I could go back and change contracts that I am not happy with.

They do it all the time in sports especially football, they call cutting the player. Biggest problem with NHL is guaranteed contracts. The NHLPA is not a players union. No union lets your members go work other places, and take other people's jobs, when you have your own work stoppage.. All you have is spoiled millioniare players on stage with the man who shut down baseball and the world series. Where are all the 3rd and 4th line playes whom only make $550,000 a year on the stage with Fehr?? The Player Association really needs a public relations firm to help their image. I am disgusted with them all. I wish I could get a guaranteed contract for the next 5 years at the league minimum, I would be set for the rest of my life.

Two hockey games on TV today. There's an OHL game on the NHL newtork and a college game on Ch. 668 (DTV). Both at the same timen (4PM ET) but the OHL game is being rebroadcast at 7PM ET on the newtork. I shall record both of them for future viewing.

Big news for the Columbus Blue Jackets today. At 2pm the are going to announce John Davidson as president of hockey operations. First time in the clubs history that a person with hockey experience has filled that roll.

Big news for the Columbus Blue Jackets today. At 2pm the are going to announce John Davidson as president of hockey operations. First time in the clubs history that a person with hockey experience has filled that roll.

That is expected yet GREAT news! John is a superior hockey man (whom I miss dearly in the announcer's booth!) and will straighten that Columbus ship without a doubt. Too bad that he will see the much-anticpated in Columbus All-Star Game cancelled from underneath his feet very soon.:rant:

Doug Maclean ? Its hard to be the first president of an expansion team in a small market and expect immediate results. Truth is Columbus isnt exactly destination #1 for most NHL'ers. Being said, I wish JD best of luck but its easier to turn St-Louis around then Columbus.

Cheers, K

Doug Maclean ? Its hard to be the first president of an expansion team in a small market and expect immediate results. Truth is Columbus isnt exactly destination #1 for most NHL'ers. Being said, I wish JD best of luck but its easier to turn St-Louis around then Columbus.

Cheers, K

Officially Doug did have the title of president but he was also GM at the time. Heck at one point I think he was President\GM\Interm Coach all at the same time.

Why would it be easier to turn St. Louis around?

Brooklyn To Get an NHL Team

In 2015 the Islanders will move to Brooklyn. Apparently they will remain the NY Islanders (though that logo will have to change) but there is already a movement will become the the Brooklyn Dodgers or some such thing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts