NHL 2012 off-season notes & transactions

I am not to sure that it is the Players or Fehr that is the problem. I have a strong feeling that it is Bettman is behind the stoppage in the league. Kind of funny that there are some owners that don't want to honor contracts that were just signed over the summer.

It is possible but knowing Fehr and all the stoppages and salaries going up where a family cant go to a game wothout spending a bunch :)

It is possible but knowing Fehr and all the stoppages and salaries going up where a family cant go to a game wothout spending a bunch :)

Don't forget that this and the last stoppage was not a strike but a lockout. Two different things. If the owners were willing to talk there could be games being played right now. This is pretty much a hardball tactic by the league.

Don't forget that this and the last stoppage was not a strike but a lockout. Two different things. If the owners were willing to talk there could be games being played right now. This is pretty much a hardball tactic by the league.

I blame both sides but Fehr has ruined alot of things :)

I blame the players in all sports...what other job can you get paid a salary plus also 50% or more of the owners profits, it's ridiculous.

I blame the players in all sports...what other job can you get paid a salary plus also 50% or more of the owners profits, it's ridiculous.

They don't get a salary plus the 50+% of revenue. The revenue piece is what makes up what they are allowed to pay the players in salary. It makes up the salary cap and minimum cap that they are allowed to pay the players.

How can you blame the players, they were standing at the door waiting to come in and work on day 1, but they still had LOCKS on the doors, compliments of the Owners.

If I go to work on Monday and they change the locks on the door, thats Not a Strike by Me, thats a Lock Out by the Owners.

They don't get a salary plus the 50+% of revenue. The revenue piece is what makes up what they are allowed to pay the players in salary. It makes up the salary cap and minimum cap that they are allowed to pay the players.

Learn something everyday.

How can you blame the players, they were standing at the door waiting to come in and work on day 1, but they still had LOCKS on the doors, compliments of the Owners.

If I go to work on Monday and they change the locks on the door, thats Not a Strike by Me, thats a Lock Out by the Owners.

Because they are greedy...all sports....they get paid a ton of money to play a sport. Yes the owners agree to pay them but the athletes keep wanting more than any normal person who works 40 to 50 hours a week will ever make.

I think it stinks they cancelled the Winter Classic. I do think Bettman is crazy when he said they own New Year's Day. If they owned New Year's Day like he said they did, then THEY WOULD BE PLAYING ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!! Even if they get a deal done, how about they start the season with the Winter Classic? The fact they lost the game after Thanksgiving and the Winter Classic shows that the NHL has lost all momentum they had last year.

Here is the link with Bettman saying they own New Year's Day: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...nhls-gary-bettman-says-nhl-owns-new-years-day

I think it stinks they cancelled the Winter Classic. I do think Bettman is crazy when he said they own New Year's Day. If they owned New Year's Day like he said they did, then THEY WOULD BE PLAYING ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!! Even if they get a deal done, how about they start the season with the Winter Classic? The fact they lost the game after Thanksgiving and the Winter Classic shows that the NHL has lost all momentum they had last year.

Here is the link with Bettman saying they own New Year's Day: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...nhls-gary-bettman-says-nhl-owns-new-years-day

Amen mets :)

There are 3 people who should not be associated with sports at all......because all they do is ruin it
Donald Fehr
Jeffrey Loria
Gary Bettman

Because they are greedy...all sports....they get paid a ton of money to play a sport. Yes the owners agree to pay them but the athletes keep wanting more than any normal person who works 40 to 50 hours a week will ever make.

Well, YA, wouldn't you want as much as you could get ?

If they offer you a Million dollars, are you gonna say, NO, I don't want it ?

Of course they could be using this as a ploy and still play the game as scheduled IF they come to an agreement.

Yep, so much for those 115,000 fans watching the game in Michigan Stadium. I was really looking forward to it!!!

I was also looking forward to this game also with all them people in that stadium the NHL made a big mistake by cancelling the game :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts