NHL Center Ice. More Games in HD through Dish or Directv?

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
NHL Network comes with your basic package with Directv. Along with NFL Network, MLB Network, and soon NBATV.
Soon, Thats D* saying now. "Soon" your receiver will respond to your remote, "Soon" you'll get more HD channels, "Soon" NBA TV will be in Choice extra.:D
Sorry Curtis had to do it.:D

"Soon" Directv will add another 1/2 million new customers.:rant:

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Only because subs like myself can't watch their home team in HD and/or basically most of the baseball action available, and are forced to leave.:mad:
I hear ya!. Charlie is either Blind or Dumb.
He needs more sports, He has less then all my local cable companys. YES Network would be a good start, along with MLB EI.

Curtis0620

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Central Florida
Soon, Thats D* saying now. "Soon" your receiver will respond to your remote, "Soon" you'll get more HD channels, "Soon" NBA TV will be in Choice extra.:D
Sorry Curtis had to do it.:D

"Soon" Directv will add another 1/2 million new customers.:rant:

Has been announced NBATV will be part of the basic package at the start of next NBA season.

So soon is by the end of October.

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
He needs more sports, He has less then all my local cable companys. YES Network would be a good start, along with MLB EI.

I can't agree with you more. Last night I was fortunate to watch the Yanks/Rays Game off my basic analog broadcast cable. TWCSportsnet carries like 2 games a month on their channel 13 in Western New York.

Charlie...wake up before I take the plunge to D* or TWC for the 2009-10 Hockey Season.:rant:

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I can't agree with you more. Last night I was fortunate to watch the Yanks/Rays Game off my basic analog broadcast cable. TWCSportsnet carries like 2 games a month on their channel 13 in Western New York.

Charlie...wake up before I take the plunge to D* or TWC for the 2009-10 Hockey Season.:rant:
What about Fios? Is that in your area?
I get all the yankees games on MY Network 53 out Of Willamsport PA with E*, which is great, Only problem its SD :(

therascaldude

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 30, 2007
Hey, so I seem to be getting some conflicting answers regarding the NHL network in HD. A few people said it comes with the CI subscription and a few others have said I have to purchase the platinum pack to see it. Could someone please clarify? (Then I'll be out of your hair :)). Thanks

crimpshrine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 10, 2007
NC
Gave them a ring, but ofcourse, I got two different answers. One told me it came with it and the other told me it was only through the platinum pack. Heh...

It comes with the NHL Center Ice Package. If you don't want the Center Ice package, you have to order the platinum pack. But come August 1st, platinum should be free and be added to the basic HD package (see other threads about that).

SpaethCo

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 7, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
NHL HD and NBA HD only comes with Platinum Pack, and Maybe the Multi sports pack with HD( Not 100% on that)
NHL HD also comes with NHL Center Ice (on channel 625 instead of 403). NBA HD comes with NBA League Pass (also on a different channel, uncertain of which at the moment).

If you have those subscription plans, neither has required the Platinum pack.

The $4.99 multisport pack gives you both channels, but in SD only.

SpaethCo

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 7, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
So what is it 40 or 80 games a week? Because one place it says 40, and another it says 80?
30 teams in the league, each team plays 82 games over 26 weeks. Do the math.

Hint: most games have 2 broadcasts, one feed for the home team and another for the away team.

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
So what is it 40 or 80 games a week? Because one place it says 40, and another it says 80?

There is more hockey games a week than you will ever have time to watch. Actually it is probably the best bargin in all of sports tv. Last year's price of $159 is about the cost it would cost my wife and I to attend a Sabres Game in the nose bleed seats on a Tuesday night in mid january against that powerhouse the Phoenix Coyotes, when you figure in the cost of tickets, parking, concessions, etc.:)

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
There is more hockey games a week than you will ever have time to watch. Actually it is probably the best bargin in all of sports tv. Last year's price of $159 is about the cost it would cost my wife and I to attend a Sabres Game in the nose bleed seats on a Tuesday night in mid january against that powerhouse the Phoenix Coyotes, when you figure in the cost of tickets, parking, concessions, etc.:)

How true I have a friend who lives in KY he was born in Detroit and he used to go to Columbus to see the Wings play the Jackets but he decided that it was more cost affective to buy the CI package.
Any news on this year's price?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)