NHL Center Ice Renewal...

I thought Versus is only HD at night. Golf HD is during the day, correct?

That sounds right. But NHL will probably take precedence over any golf matches I would imagine. It's all new so kind of hard to say. Last season, Dish only fired up the Vs HD stuff during the playoffs.

If I remember correctly last season during the playoffs on Thursday and Friday nights there was no HD hockey because Versus dedicated their HD coverage to golf.

I am a newbie here, but I had to post on this topic.

If there is no CI, I am gone from Dish--and I've been a customer for 8 years, and have the Everything/HD package. Losing baseball was one thing, but there is no way I am going without Hockey Night In Canada.

If the deal is not in place by Monday, I am calling Direct. Charlie likes to play brinksmanship, but enough is enough. I ALMOST walked over the baseball package, but there is plenty of free baseball on the air--but we've GOT to keep CI.

Listen to your good customers, Charlie.

That sounds right. But NHL will probably take precedence over any golf matches I would imagine. It's all new so kind of hard to say. Last season, Dish only fired up the Vs HD stuff during the playoffs.

Sonnyboy,

No, you are wrong Vs/Golf channel is ALL GOLF on Thursdays and Fridays so if Versus is carrying an NHL Game on either Day it will only be available on the normal Versus Channel in SD.

If you have access to MOJO, the NHL HD feed will likely be on that channel, but since neither Dish nor DirecTV have MOJO, you will not get NHL Games from VERSUS in HD on Thursday or Friday. This WAS the case even for the NHL playoffs last season.

John

but since neither Dish nor DirecTV have MOJO, you will not get NHL Games from VERSUS in HD on Thursday or Friday. This WAS the case even for the NHL playoffs last season.

John

Versus had NHL on Monday and Tuesday nights only last year (until the playoffs). Has this changed for the 07-08 season?

No HDNET for ya? Not sure if you ever thought about upgrading to HD, but if you are a fan of ice hockey it is an absolute MUST!

And HDNET has very good hockey coverage. Also looking forward to have VS HD all season.

Now let's get this damn Center Ice deal done (with the NHL network) along with making all those NHLHD channels live and E* will be blowing everyone out of the water as far as NHL coverage!

not to be greedy, but don't forget showing both feeds! :D

I received $500 mail offer to come back to D*. Offer expires 9/30/07.

Now I hate to jump the gun, but I don't want to wait till 10/3 and lose out on that smokin deal.

On the flip side, I didnt want to sacrifice all the great shows I have backed up to MyBook drive. Luckily those shows are on my own drive and I can always get both D* and E* when I'm rich someday. :eureka

Just got this from ceo@dishnetwork

This does NOT look good but here is my email exchange:

John,

We are working on our deal with the NHL and we fully anticipate making Center Ice available to our subscribers this year. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks. We are looking forward to the upcoming season.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I will notify you with any new updates we receive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here it is and the start of the NHL Hockey season is a little over a week from now and still no Center Ice.

So I am here to take you upon your offer to add the Center Ice package to my account.

As it is I am getting VERY NERVOUS about the lack of any news on Center Ice If I can not get Center Ice I will go over to DirecTV.

John Wolf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: NHL center Ice

John,

Thank you for your recent e-mail. We are going to be carrying the NHL Center Ice Package. However, we are going through some transitions concerning the actual billing procedure. You should be billed the first installment by your next billing cycle. If this is not the case please let me know, and I will add it to your account.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

I keep hearing a rumor That Dish will not be carrying the NHL Center ICE package this year.

If this is true it is the ONE thing that will make me switch to Direct TV.

I have been a Dish customer from at least 2001 my account number is
I don't really want to change to Direct TV but no Center Ice will force my hand.

Thank you for any information that you can give me.

John C. Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
Always nice with the D* subs start coming around here talking about they great channels they are going to be getting. Yea, sure thing. That and a $1 will get you cup of coffee. Quotes like this "On the other hand, I look at the DirecTV stuff and it is practically all watchable." are laughable. Watchable where? In your mind on your magic TV?

30 HD Channels added this morning. Including BTN HD, Smithsonian, A&E, CNN, Learning Channel, NFL Channel, History Channel, TBS. Etc. Many more to come in the upcoming weeks. :D

Dish HAS CI

I was just on the Dish network web site and found this

NHL® CENTER ICE® let’s you experience this season with the most coverage possible with up to 40 games per week from around the League, including select games from the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs and select games broadcast in high-definition.

Channels: 543 – 558

Order before October 9, 2007 and save $20.00

Early Bird package: $149.00 or three payments of $49.66 (order before October 9)
Full Season Package: $169.00 or three payments of $56.33

To order, call 1-877-DISH PPV* (347-4778) or

So they FINALY fixed what ever was holding CI up.

GRATE!!!!

30 HD Channels added this morning. Including BTN HD, Smithsonian, A&E, CNN, Learning Channel, NFL Channel, History Channel, TBS. Etc. Many more to come in the upcoming weeks. :D

Well congrats- bout time they did something! :p

Shall I show you that uplink report one more time where Dish has all their CI games in HD? :D

This is great news, except, now that E* waited till the last minute to get this deal done, their server will probably crash with all of the people signing up at once, or loading up their phone lines....long delays on hold ect.

I just called and talked to a CSR and they were able to add the package to my account.

I did have it last year and she said for some reason it didn't show up to automatically charge for this year

Pittsburgh HD locals breaking up

dishonline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)