Nice to see Dish isn't hurting for money

SgtRock

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 21, 2006
Howell, MI
I've been a customer for over 4 years, paying for the All-everything package plus HD the entire time. I have a VIP622 and a 625. I called today to see if they would upgrade my 625 to a VIP622 or 722 (I fully expected to pay about $99 or less). The girl tells me that they can't do anything, and I would have to buy a receiver and they would be "happy" to activate it for me. I asked why they couldn't do anything for me, and she said the computer chooses what's available for each customer, and she couldn't override it. Even though I have no intention of cancelling, I said I was switching to Directv, and she actually said they would be sorry to lose me as a customer....so much for my bluff....

I guess I'll have to buy a receiver on ebay....

SgtRock

Sep 21, 2006
Howell, MI
never

I've had the same two receivers the whole time...I asked her about the yearly thing because I read the same thing on here, and she said that wasn't available

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
You can upgrade your receiver once a year, when was the last time you upgraded a receiver?

Yeah, should be $50 for a 622, $75 for a 722--shipped, if you haven't done a "DishnitUp" in over a year. Go to the Dish website, then your account, then OFFERS.

Ed

SgtRock

Sep 21, 2006
Howell, MI
This is what I see on the Dish it up screen on their site:

Unfortunately, DISH Network does not have any special upgrade offers available at this time. Please contact your local retailer or call DISH Network at 1-888-884-2741 to purchase new receivers.

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
This is what I see on the Dish it up screen on their site:

Unfortunately, DISH Network does not have any special upgrade offers available at this time. Please contact your local retailer or call DISH Network at 1-888-884-2741 to purchase new receivers.

STRANGE:confused: I just did it after reading your post. $50 &75 just like I said. Go to the site. Log in. When your account comes up look to the left for OFFERS. Click. Go to the bottom of the page to Dish'n it Up.

Ed

SgtRock

Sep 21, 2006
Howell, MI
STRANGE:confused: I just did it after reading your post. $50 &75 just like I said. Go to the site. Log in. When your account comes up look to the left for OFFERS. Click. Go to the bottom of the page to Dish'n it Up.

Ed

That's what I did....and this is what I got again:

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
That's what I did....and this is what I got again:

Wow. Can't understand that?:confused: They nust not like you or something..........:rolleyes: Just fer kicks I'm gonna do it again.

Ed

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
well it all depends if u r a good customer (i.e. pay bill on time etc.) there is a piece to this puzzle the op isn't sharing

elfranzen

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 23, 2008
Maine
I know somebody else that had the same problem about 4 months ago and they would not help. he called multiple times and nothing he is now a D* customer.

SgtRock

Sep 21, 2006
Howell, MI
Well...it pays to call multiple times...I just called, got a different CSR who didn't understand why it said that. She overrode the system (she also called the first girl I talked to an idiot for not helping me). I now have a new receiver coming in 7 days....

thanks for the advice!!!

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
great . . . thanks for playing CSR Roulette tonight . . . Charlie, show him what he has won . . . well CJ, Sgt Rock will be getting a new receiver in 7 days . . .

:) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)