Nice to see the new HD channels are on

Since you don't have AT250 now, you obviously don't want The Science Channel anyway. Are you going to watch it just because it's in HD now? That's pretty shallow.

What is shallow is your assumption to my tv viewing. Read my message. See where it says I have COMCAST? I watch the Science channel on Comcast. And, even if I didn't why is it shallow to enjoy a channel because it's now in High Def?

Seems to me that you are Shallow.

Don't you also get the National Geographic in HD if you upgrade to the 250 pak? So thats 8 more hd channels when you jump from 100 to 250.

Poke I've been with Dish 10 years and never complain. I gladly forked over the $39 fee today for external drive. But in my case having Top 100 the only thing I watch is HD. In my case to go from Top 100 to Top 250 I gain 2 HD channels for $22.00. The SD channels are of no value to me.

If HD is the future and Dish wants to be the leader, they need to stop pushing SD packages on the backs of the HD package.

Why do I even have to get an SD package at all? It's bull.

Yes I see what you are saying and I'm not disagree with you. My point is that many TV Service Providers do this they all do similar things just call it something different. Yes one of these days we will be back to one format which will be all HD. But the TV Service Providers have limited control on that we all must wait on the Networks to do their part which will take sometime. Maybe at some point Dish will do some kind of special HD Package where you can pay just to get HD. Again I see what your saying. :)

They activated 3 channels, Science, Animal and Golf

I'll bet they moved you to the AT250. You might want to check if you are getting other 250 channels that you weren't getting b4. Such as sd channels.

I've not heard of Dish activating specific channels like that.

Don't you also get the National Geographic in HD if you upgrade to the 250 pak? So thats 8 more hd channels when you jump from 100 to 250.

The premium channels are Nat Geo, Science, Animal and Golf. These are the 4 you don't get if you have Top 100. So you gain 4 channels.

Saw that myself ... now all three ofmy RSN's are in HD. (Fox North, FoX Midwest and now Comcast Chicago) Wow ... this was a pleasant surprise!:):):)

How on earth are you getting those 3 RSN's where you live, particularly FSN North? According to Dish's locals page, you should only get CSN Chicago HD

Yes I see what you are saying and I'm not disagree with you. My point is that many TV Service Providers do this they all do similar things just call it something different. Yes one of these days we will be back to one format which will be all HD. But the TV Service Providers have limited control on that we all must wait on the Networks to do their part which will take sometime. Maybe at some point Dish will do some kind of special HD Package where you can pay just to get HD. Again I see what your saying. :)

Instead of making someone get 250 channels why not tack on some money to the HD package if you want the premiums? Say $25 instead of $20. That's fair. There is NO REASON at all to do it the way Charlie is other then to nail us.

It's the same with the external HD charge. What's up with that? While I gladly paid it where did they come up with $39.95? What is the fee for? Why not $9.95? I mean you can downgrade for $5.

He knows everyone wants this, figure out the revenue alone at $39.95 times the amount of people that will get this feature now and in the future.

All I ask for is fair pricing.

Yeah well you might E-mail them at ceo@echostar.com see what they say if anything. But at least if you e-mail them you got your suggestion in and maybe one day we will see some better pricing. You just never know now days anything can happen. :)

Instead of making someone get 250 channels why not tack on some money to the HD package if you want the premiums? Say $25 instead of $20. That's fair. There is NO REASON at all to do it the way Charlie is other then to nail us.

It's the same with the external HD charge. What's up with that? While I gladly paid it where did they come up with $39.95? What is the fee for? Why not $9.95? I mean you can downgrade for $5.

He knows everyone wants this, figure out the revenue alone at $39.95 times the amount of people that will get this feature now and in the future.

All I ask for is fair pricing.

It's probably in their contract they signed to carry the channel.

Well, don't they black out all his pro-sports games though?

The RSN's that are part of your dma will not have the mlb blacked out. For example I'm in easter Iowa and according to MLB I get FSN-N, FSN-MW, and CSN-Chicago by subbing to multi pack and the games are not blacked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)