Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads when you become a member of SatelliteGuys Today! Membership is fast and FREE! CLICK HERE to sign up now!

no audio..me tv

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by icu1954, Mar 16, 2011.

1. icu1954

icu1954 Thread Starter Active SatelliteGuys Member

does any one know why there is no audio on me tv? if there are some other audio pid i need to enter please let me know.:rolleyes:

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. Iceberg

Iceberg We're here....RUN!!!! Supporting Founder

its AC-3 audio last I checked (just like ThisTV)

3. rgk

rgk Member

That channel is AC-3 Dolby

4. Tron

Tron SatelliteGuys Family

You'll need an external Dolby Digital (AC-3) decoder such as a modern audio amp/receiver or a Cyberhome Sonic Voom decoder.

5. eurosport

eurosport The Alternative, Monday Nights at 8 Supporting Founder SatelliteGuys Radio DJ

Or a decent HD satellite receiver that plays all types of audio. Before you waste money on external add-on stuff, for nearly the same $$$ you can replace the receiver- possibly adding HD or s2 to your system also :)

6. guacharaca

guacharaca Active SatelliteGuys Member

One of the few easy things about a satellite card in a computer is that AC3 can be added with a click of a mouse.

7. Mikhel

Mikhel On Vacation

A Sonic Voom its about 10-15 dlls, ten times less than an Openbox or other HD receivers.

8. Iceberg

Iceberg We're here....RUN!!!! Supporting Founder

I know you can get a Coolsat 8000 for under $100 but yeah that makes no sense. Sonic Voom/Cyberhome setup is a lot cheaper

9. eurosport

eurosport The Alternative, Monday Nights at 8 Supporting Founder SatelliteGuys Radio DJ

Ok....you guys are right about the sonic Voom being cheaper, but I guess the point I was trying to make, was why buy adapters for sound, on a nearly outdated dvb-s only box, and still miss out on 90% of the good stuff up there. Makes no sense to me, but hey, to each his own.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

10. rv1pop

rv1pop SatelliteGuys Family Pub Member / Supporter

For some of us $20 is max quarterly budget for Sat parts... And with regular gas hitting $3.999 on weekends ...... Buying an adapter that works excellently rather than an unknown new box or a box with many known issues is a wise choice - for me.

11. Tron

Tron SatelliteGuys Family

I still use the Cyberhome decoder on my Visionsats, as it is necessary for much of my viewing. I have the Visionsats set up to record NASA-TV using the AC-3 audio, since it can be burned to a Blu-Ray layout directly without re-encoding (Blu-Ray and DVD specs do not support the use of MPEG audio). MeTV, ThisTV, and most (all?) of the PBS is also AC-3.

Of course, the Openbox is on HDMI, and decodes AC-3 internally, so its a moot point for that receiver.