No Charge for the Protection Plan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eandras

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
Ok I was just on another Forum - DBSTalk - and read a thread about adding the protection plan. I went to the online section of Directv signed in to my account and added the protection plan at no cost for 12 months for new protection plan subscribers.

I would assume that the plan makes you wait for 30 days as well as a cancellation fee if you cancel prior to 12 months. I also would assume after 12 months the charge becomes the standard rate.

Soory if this is a duplicate post

Ed :)

you're right ed, it is showing free for a year, they figured out a way to get me to signup :)

Wonder if they cover 'custom configurations' :D

I really like the changes they did on the account and programming section of the web page, they have much more ingo now!

you're right ed, it is showing free for a year, they figured out a way to get me to signup :)

Wonder if they cover 'custom configurations' :D

I really like the changes they did on the account and programming section of the web page, they have much more ingo now!

masterdeals,
So they are giving the PP free now ?
Why do those of us that already pay for that, not get a 12 month credit then ?

(I guess this should not be directed, directly at you :eureka)

Jimbo

masterdeals,

Jimbo

Jimbo, you know how it works. If you call and complain that others get it free, you may get a credit for the next 12 months.

I'm so afraid they will mess something else up on my account that I'm not gonna call...

I look at it like this - I wasn't paying for it before, and I'm not paying for it now :)

If a receiver breaks it saves me $19.95.

If my dish breaks, I'll just go fix it.

masterdeals,

Jimbo

The same thing happened to E* subs when they started to offer $0.01/year for two years Cinemax deal, those who already had Cinemax or had it in the past 6 months could not benefit from it.

masterdeals,

Jimbo

I want free PP too!

If you have had the protection plan over a year just go to the site and chabge your programming by delewting the protection plan. Then go back in and add it. It should now be no charge for the 12 months. I had my brother do it last might and it worked. But if you are uinder the 12 months on the plan you may be charged the $30.00 for early cancellation.

:)

If you have had the protection plan over a year just go to the site and chabge your programming by delewting the protection plan. Then go back in and add it. It should now be no charge for the 12 months. I had my brother do it last might and it worked. But if you are uinder the 12 months on the plan you may be charged the $30.00 for early cancellation.

:)

Nope I didn't have the PP that long, only 3 months+...can I still get it?

It states that it is $5.99 a month when I try to add it. Am I missing something here?

It said the same thing for me, but when it shows up on your list of services. You know where it shows your package with price and services each with their price it shows up as 0.00 where it use to show 5.99.

But if you are uinder the 12 months on the plan you may be charged the $30.00 for early cancellation.

Never heard that before, it didn't say anything about that when I added it. They hit $30 if you cancel with 12 months?

Here is an excerpt from their contract on the web:

Term of Coverage: The Plan coverage commences one (1) calendar month
from the date of purchase of the Plan and is effective for a period of one (1)
year and terminates as per the Limits of Liability section. The Plan will
automatically renew for additional one (1) year periods unless the Plan is
cancelled as per the “Cancellation” provision.

Cancellation: You may cancel this Plan at any anniversary date of the Plan
for no charge. You may also cancel this Plan during the term of coverage by
either calling 1-888-667-7463 or providing written notice with a copy of the
Plan to the administrator at the following address: PO BOX 29079, Glendale,
CA 91209-9079 Attn: Customer Service. You will receive a refund equal to
the unearned pro rata premium, less any claims which have been paid.
While this Plan may be canceled by you for any reason, an administrative
fee of ten dollars ($10.00) will be assessed if the Plan is cancelled mid-term.

The absolute most they could charge is $10, and I've never seen anyone post that they were charged that. Their system is probally setup to charge it like a premium channel, under 30 days $10, over 30, whatever.

I just got D* last week. After seeing this thread I went online to try it. It says it will be $5.99 / month on mine too. :(

Mine says 0.00 monthly. If they try charging for it after 30 days, I will tell them what their website said. I signed up for it free for a year, and one way or another, they will stand by that.

Not trying to be a prick here or anything, but I signed up for a deal that was on their website, and I dare them to try pulling a fast one.

They may have fixed it (if it was an error) or it may only be available to certain customers.

DirecTV does a lot of customer profiling to determine offers, perhaps their new website design supports that too?

More than likely it was a mistake they made yesterday then they corrected it.

You will not see $5.99 for the first 30 days because the plan starts 30 days from the day you add it to your account so people don't add the plan after the receiver got fried, and hoping to have it fixed for free next day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts