No Dish Sling For VIP211

Pretty weird if you can't search by title at all seeing as even the old DISH 322 can do that.

*shrugs*

slick1ru2 said:
I have the old VIP211. Dish decided to enable the USB on them (for a fee) so you could add an external HDD and use it for the DVR HD. Now that was a couple of years ago, at least. The only way to record is go through the guide manually. When you go into the menu and hit search, what you get is the same as scroll by catagory, the left side of the circle on the remote. The old VIP211 also have an internet cable jack that is activated.

And yeah, its not an advertised feature. SO WHAT? I am just going to call one of the VPs and talk to them this week. Thought I would get some answers here, since I have over the past 6 years. But this place seems to have changed.

I realize all that. As I said I have turned a 211k into a dvr. On the 211k when you hit the # key (bottom right of the remote) I get the search feature. Are you saying that done not work on a 211?

My 211k and my 2 211's all do a search the same way that my 722k does a search, either by the # (search) button on the remote or by pressing menu, 2, rt arrow, up arrow, select.

Onlt the VIP DVR's work with the Dish Remote access on the Dish website. The 211's have NEVER even been hinted to be usable there, and have never been mentioned as potentially being used there.

It would be nice, but so would free programming and free receivers.

The EHD function is a serendipity to the 211, you ask for the moon because they gave you moon beams.

My 211k and my 2 211's all do a search the same way that my 722k does a search, either by the # (search) button on the remote or by pressing menu, 2, rt arrow, up arrow, select.

Ah, good to know that the original poster is complaining about something that there is no need to complain about, haha.

Dude, instead of paying the 6 dollars a month for the dvr fee to be able to get full function out of a dvr, you chose the cheaper route over the long run. Get over it. Set up dvr programs at the reciever, or upgrade. Or get together with enough other customers to make a difference on this and submit something to dish. Because your 40 dollars doesnt say much to a company that big.

Dude, instead of paying the 6 dollars a month for the dvr fee to be able to get full function out of a dvr, you chose the cheaper route over the long run. Get over it. Set up dvr programs at the reciever, or upgrade. Or get together with enough other customers to make a difference on this and submit something to dish. Because your 40 dollars doesnt say much to a company that big.

Dude, they come out with a new version of the software every 6 months. I am trying to find a way to give some input to a feature I want in an upcoming release, that was what this thread was for, not criticizing me. I have paid enough into Dish to buy a car, what does that say? What I want, AT LEAST, is a way to search the guide by Key Word, Title or Info. It doesn't have that basic function. Instead I have a dumbed down version of Theme that you can not even limit in scope, ie you can not search for Football under Sports, just Sports. I would call that a Guide Function, not a DVR function anyway. And I am not the first to ask about Dish Remote Access on Satellite Guys either.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/204601-vip-211-vip-211-ehd-compatible.html

Software release dates.

EKB: ViP211/411 Software History

So let me be very clear. I posted here to see if anyone knew a way to get in contact with those that create the software to request something for the next software update. That's it. Everything else should be incidental as to why. No one has come up with a way. So, I will just call their Corp HQ until I find someone.

The benefits of an hd dvr is that you can watch hd, record hd, pause, rewind, etc.

The benefits of DISH REMOTE ACCESS are as follows:

Features

grfx_04.jpg

• Schedule DVR Recordings
  • Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere
  • One-touch recording - simply choose to record one event, all events or only new events

• Browse and Search the Program Guide
  • Search the program guide up to 9 days in advance
  • Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword or actor
  • View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies

• Manage your DVR Library*
  • Set recording priorities
  • Manage recording conflicts
  • Delete shows you've already watched
  • View and adjust your recording schedule
****So remote scheduling is not a feature of your DVR, it is a feature of the Dish Remote Access service. That service as advertised on their website is limited to the following receivers:******

DISH Remote Access is compatible with the following DISH receivers: 512 (SD/DVR), 522, 625, ViP® 612, ViP® 622, ViP® 722, ViP® 722k, ViP® 922
*Requires high-speed internet connection to one of the following compatible receivers: ViP®612, ViP® 622, ViP® 722, ViP® 722k ViP® 922
If you don't have one of these compatible DVR's, you can upgrade today by calling 1-800-894-9131.

You are simply confusing the benefits of DVR with the benefits of Dish Remote Access. But then again, what do you need us for? You got connections to VPs, I'm sure they'll drop what they're doing and get their engineers right to work on that. You got connections to nothing, that's why you cry here.

The benefits of an hd dvr is that you can watch hd, record hd, pause, rewind, etc.

The benefits of DISH REMOTE ACCESS are as follows:

Features

grfx_04.jpg

• Schedule DVR Recordings
  • Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere
  • One-touch recording - simply choose to record one event, all events or only new events

• Browse and Search the Program Guide
  • Search the program guide up to 9 days in advance
  • Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword or actor
  • View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies

• Manage your DVR Library*
  • Set recording priorities
  • Manage recording conflicts
  • Delete shows you've already watched
  • View and adjust your recording schedule
****So remote scheduling is not a feature of your DVR, it is a feature of the Dish Remote Access service. That service as advertised on their website is limited to the following receivers:******

DISH Remote Access is compatible with the following DISH receivers: 512 (SD/DVR), 522, 625, ViP® 612, ViP® 622, ViP® 722, ViP® 722k, ViP® 922
*Requires high-speed internet connection to one of the following compatible receivers: ViP®612, ViP® 622, ViP® 722, ViP® 722k ViP® 922
If you don't have one of these compatible DVR's, you can upgrade today by calling 1-800-894-9131.

You are simply confusing the benefits of DVR with the benefits of Dish Remote Access. But then again, what do you need us for? You got connections to VPs, I'm sure they'll drop what they're doing and get their engineers right to work on that. You got connections to nothing, that's why you cry here.

All I want is way to talk or contact engineering. Are you in India? You sound like one of those customer support people who work for Dell. You blurt out all kind of info but have no answers. Instead of finding all the stuff I already know, how about posting something I don't, A WAY TO CONTACT WHOEVER WRITES SOFTWARE FOR DISH RECEIVERS.

But since no one has suggested any other way, yeah, I will call and talk to someone at corporate. I never claimed to have connections to anyone. Have you connections to a bridge, because you meet all the definitions of a TROLL.

Its pretty easy to find a name and number. Responsible corporations actually do talk to their customers. I have talked to the Divisional Manager of Consumer Electronics for Amazon.

http://markets.ft.com/tearsheets/businessProfile.asp?s=DISH:NSQ

Last edited:
slick1ru2 said:
All I want is way to talk or contact engineering. Are you in India? You sound like one of those customer support people who work for Dell. You blurt out all kind of info but have no answers. Instead of finding all the stuff I already know, how about posting something I don't, A WAY TO CONTACT WHOEVER WRITES SOFTWARE FOR DISH RECEIVERS.

But since no one has suggested any other way, yeah, I will call and talk to someone at corporate. I never claimed to have connections to anyone. Have you connections to a bridge, because you meet all the definitions of a TROLL.

Its pretty easy to find a name and number. Responsible corporations actually do talk to their customers. I have talked to the Divisional Manager of Consumer Electronics for Amazon.

http://markets.ft.com/tearsheets/businessProfile.asp?s=DISH:NSQ

I dong think there IS any other way than to call corporate. Probably your best shot.

I pay plenty to Dish, over $1500/year. I would be glad to pay another fee on top of the activation fee FOR SOME FUNCTION. But why should I buy another receiver? They wrote software for it to become a DVR if I bought an external HD. They did this. And no search on the guide. Just scroll. No Dish Remote access.

But he thanks for the info on how to get in touch with engineering. You are as helpful as Dish Customer Service. I will just call a VP this week and discuss it. Thanks.
This last comment is stated as if you had such a contact. You will not have a VP on the phone from DISH this week. I'm sure of that.

Slick -
Did you try the # button? Assuming that works then your only remaining complaint is that you can't schedule online. Really not the end of the world right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts