No Display on AZBOX

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
Just received new AZBOX. Hooked it up, powered on but the Sony says there is no signal and obviously no display. Used the HDMI cable and tried the Video input cables as well. The power light is red. Any ideas?

Just received new AZBOX. Hooked it up, powered on but the Sony says there is no signal and obviously no display. Used the HDMI cable and tried the Video input cables as well. The power light is red. Any ideas?

what model AZBOX u got

Click on resolution on the remote and choose the right settings. watch the VFD on the box. What is happening is that the box by factory default sends our PAL but you need NTSC

Did you put it to ntsc? When you click on resolution, you have to select the cable type first, by clicking either left or right arrow. Confirm by clicking ok. Then next you select pal or ntsc by clicking left or right and confirm by clicking ok. Then next select resolution.. I will suggest you try a lower resolution first. All these settings will be displayed on the receiver's vfd screen.

Was finally able to get the NTSC changed. Here's what I did. Powered down, and during the boot up process, kept pushing the resolution and left/right arrow buttons, finally iI got something on the Sony (Never on the front of the unit) Went through the settings and set all. When I powered down it would not stay. Repeated the process again (powering down etc), I did the USB Firmware upgrade to 0.9.5006-patch.bin) and the Resolution is holding and can turn it on and off now with no problems> Thank for all of your help, we appreciate it.

Was finally able to get the NTSC changed. Here's what I did. Powered down, and during the boot up process, kept pushing the resolution and left/right arrow buttons, finally iI got something on the Sony (Never on the front of the unit)

Remember the Ultra has no front panel display. Only a red light. Everything is displayed on the TV set.

No Display on first power up.

Was finally able to get the NTSC changed. Here's what I did. Powered down, and during the boot up process, kept pushing the resolution and left/right arrow buttons, finally iI got something on the Sony (Never on the front of the unit) Went through the settings and set all. When I powered down it would not stay. Repeated the process again (powering down etc), I did the USB Firmware upgrade to 0.9.5006-patch.bin) and the Resolution is holding and can turn it on and off now with no problems> Thank for all of your help, we appreciate it.

Hi,
I had the exact same issue you'd expressed. After trying some composite video cables, I was finally able to view the setup screen, updated the firmware & well on my way. Since they'd set the default output to "composite", I feel they would do us all a favor by stating that in the user manual. Can change the setting to HDMI once you can actually see a display.
Best regards!
Mike, Gainesville, FL

Did you get a user manual?. This is the first piece of electronic equipment that I buy and has no user manual , even a few years after it first launched, no even a quick start piece of paper. Thanks to , who ever you think you have to thank, for having this forum with an accuarte answer to almost every question.

Hi,
I had the exact same issue you'd expressed. After trying some composite video cables, I was finally able to view the setup screen, updated the firmware & well on my way. Since they'd set the default output to "composite", I feel they would do us all a favor by stating that in the user manual. Can change the setting to HDMI once you can actually see a display.
Best regards!
Mike, Gainesville, FL

What manual? One doesn't come with the Ultra and the only known manual is for the Elite and it's in pdf format.

Anyway, I couldn't get a display on my TV at all when I got my Ultra. There's a thread somewhere that I used that allowed me to get a display but I had to do a "blind" menu operation off my remote in order to make my Ultra usable. The procedure is here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/206395-azbox-ultra-hardware-blind-scan-test-4.html

One of the first things I did when I received my Azbox was to print out those directions to change from Pal to NTSC.
The Azbox can be finicky and lose satellites or just go plain wacky at times but resetting it to default always brings it around. The downside is the pal part but I have never had an issue from following what I put on that post.
I was going to post the link to what I posted in July but you beat me to it. :)

AZ Box Display Issue

Yes. I know exactly what the issue is. My out of the box AZbox Ultra video output default setting is for composite cabling. It wasn't until I used a composite cable and booted that I could find a way of changing the output setting to HDMI.

I remember how frustrating the initial experience.

hope it helps!

Mike
Gainesville, Fl

Upgraded to 09.5020 version, I know that when it reboots I have to change from PAL back to NTSC, I have used the below procedure but it is not working. I can see the AZBOX logo flash across the screen but the procedure does not work. I am using a composite video cable bit no luck. Any suggestions?

For the Azbox Ultra

After a reboot the receiver defaults to pal format
To changed the setting in the Menu from PAL, back to NTSC

You need to do the following steps.

1) Reboot the receiver by the switch on the back of the unit.

After it powers up and you see the menu rolling, follow these steps:

2) Down Arrow 6 Times

3) Hit the OK button

4) Right Arrow 1 Time

5) Down Arrow 1 Time

6) Right Arrow 1 Time

You will now have changed the setting in the Menu from PAL, back to NTSC.

7) The receiver will ask you if you want to save your change and say YES.

Credit goes to Rick for this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts