No longer waving shipping fees.. is this true?

Allamand

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
So the good old 721 bit the big one, as the HD is corrupt. I have had my other 721 replaced last year, and Dish waved the shipping fee as I'm setup for AutoPay. Now today, when I called in on this 721, the guy said they were never to have waved the shipping and thats that...

Anyone else have this happen, or is Dish just milking me for another $15 as I already pay the $2 a month for the warranty.

If you change to the $6 warranty to get the shipping waived you will not able to drop back to the $2 warranty as those that had it before are grandfathered in so you would be better off keeping the $2 warranty and pay the shipping. Just hang up and call back several times to try to get the shipping waived. They still do if you talk to the right person. Tell them you done had it replaced before and shouldnt be charged over and over for it. I had a receiver go bad three times and told them that if I would have had to pay the shipping everytime I would have $45 in shipping fees and REFUSED to pay this. I told them that if it were to fail a few more times that would be going towards $100 in shipping fees and told them that maybe I should switch to DirecTv. It just takes a lot of talk and patience to get it waived but sometimes you get put on hold and disconnected trying to get any progress and its not worth the $15 credit to some for the hassle. I think thats why they make it so hard to get it taken off so that you will give up.

Ask for a supervisor!!! If that doesn't work ask to disconnect....you'll get that shipping waived!!!!

I know DirecTv has let customers go to Dish Network over a $20 smart card charge in the past. Whose not to say that Dish Network wouldn't let a customer go over a $15 shipping charge? I know they would let some go unless the win back department really wants to keep you.

As long as the 721 keeps working for more then 3 months I won't complain to much, picked this one up used anyways. If it comes to multi returns for the same unit, then I'll be calling.

Besides, can't say much as that $2 a month warranty I've paid on for 3 years now has replaced 2 remotes and 3 721's, it is well worth the $160 I've spent :)

I just had my 721 replaced under the service aggreement ($4.99 /mo) and they paid for all shipping. About 6 months ago I had a remote replaced but that CSR made me pay for shipping, go fiqure.

If you have the $5.99 DHPP warranty you should not have to pay shipping on anything. It is the $2 warranty or manufacturer's warranty that requires the shipping fee unless you pester them enough.