No more DISH.......charter.........ugh

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Just wanted to let you know how lucky i was and you are. DISH is far superior to Charter. The DVR is ridiculous and the guide is annoying. I can't wait to build my next house in the spring.

Just wanted to let you know how lucky i was and you are. DISH is far superior to Charter. The DVR is ridiculous and the guide is annoying. I can't wait to build my next house in the spring.

Did you end up with a Moxi or a Motorola box? The Motorola boxes look straight out of 1999, just atrocious looking. Moxi has a nicer looking UI, but the boxes are really unstable. I'd rather use a Tivo with a CableCard then use either one of them.

Did you end up with a Moxi or a Motorola box? The Motorola boxes look straight out of 1999, just atrocious looking. Moxi has a nicer looking UI, but the boxes are really unstable. I'd rather use a Tivo with a CableCard then use either one of them.

I couldn't agree more about the Motorola Boxes. They Suck! How hard is it to build a decent DVR with a big hard drive and a decent UI. There's always Tivo.

My older Moxi went belly-up on Charter after 3 years, they replaced it with the Motorola which SUCKED, and I jumped over to Dish. I couldn't stand the Moto, compared to the Moxi. The Moto did have a better picture on channels than the older Moxi, but the UI is terrible!

Also, Charter will NOT activate the external HD feature on the Moto, that I had on the Moxi, so it really limited your recordings. The Moxi allowed direct recording to the external, and that was real nice.

Charter is an atrocious company to deal with. Some people that think Dish is bad, probably wouldn't believe how bad Charter is. They might be better now for all I know, (since I left them 4 years ago) but I wouldn't bet on it.

I always felt like the Scientific Atlanta 8300 should be listed in the bass pro shops catalog under the anchors section. By the sounds of this thread there is worse stb's out there than the sa. :eek:

As far as Charter & their STB's go,if you are in a Charter market that has limited choices in HD programming(where I am,we only have 23 HD channels),is it worth the extra money to buy a TiVo or Moxi HD DVR?

I can't manipulate the guide, to show different channels very well. The HD is not down linked to the normal channels. The overall speed of things are terrible. There is no skip forward button, which STINKS for football games. I might start a count down to the day of getting DISH back.

As far as Charter & their STB's go,if you are in a Charter market that has limited choices in HD programming(where I am,we only have 23 HD channels),is it worth the extra money to buy a TiVo or Moxi HD DVR?

Personally I prefer my Tivo over the Charter STB/DVR. Like someone else has mentioned, you do lose Charters VOD, but I supliment that with Netflix. My daughter also spends quite abit of time on Youtube. The functionality of the Tivo seems much cleaner in my opinion.

I cannot comment on the Moxi....I have used charters moxi before I could no longer get them in my area, but have not used the version of moxi that you can buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)