No new HD for a while?

The way I see it, Scott obviously knows a few people on the inside.

But he SURE as sh*t isn't the first guy they call if sh*t hits the fan.

So, the channels are planned on going up, he gets the word, but if something happens preventing it, he doesn't get the word, maybe if there is something LEGAL involved, they CAN'T tell him.

So what, he is a liar?

People need to have a little respect for a guy that is providing US with a service. As I said before, all of us here know a little more then the Avg Joe Dish customer that just watches, and all of a sudden, there is a new channel. we know whats in line for us.

Sometimes it makes the immature person feel like they deserve it sooner, or whatever some of you guys feel, but the fact is, you don't deserve anything, you will get what they give you, when they give it to you.

Me, I like to be in the know. I like to talk to a buddy down the street with dish and say, "Hey, Bravo HD is in the pipes". And he goes, "Woah, how do you know this stuff?"

:)

Seems he has a personal problem with Scott. Just look at his past posts! If I we Scott, he would have been gone already. The first chance he get he attacks. I persoanlly like to hear the rumors. I do not recall anything promised, Scott just passes on tidbits he gets. He is attacked for That! In my book it is uncalled for. If you do not like to hear rumors steer clear of the posts. Seems you goes out of his way to find the posts and attack Scott. If I see dslate's name in the thread and can pretty much tell before looking what the theme for it will be. Whining and complaining are one thing and personal attacks are another. There is my 2 cents.

Me, I like to be in the know. I like to talk to a buddy down the street with dish and say, "Hey, Bravo HD is in the pipes". And he goes, "Woah, how do you know this stuff?"

I totally agree with you. This is why I read this site. It's also why I'm a regular on any number of other technology and gadget-related sites. Many of the things listed as "coming soon" never materialize or end up on the market months later than originally planned. This is still pretty new technology... so obviously there can still be unforeseen bugs and problems. It comes with the territory.

On other sections of this board we make fun of CSRs for spreading misinformation, yet when it's something we all so want to believe (like new HD is coming), we take it as gospel. This doesn't make any sense.

I, for one, am thankful for people like Scott who are willing to go out on a limb to share "inside" information. As is the nature of inside info, sometimes it's spot on, other times it's far off. Life's too short to get angry about whether or not things pan out.

This is TV, folks. It's supposed to be FUN. Right?

It makes me laugh when people try to hide a personal attack behind construtive criticism. It is transparent....please! Take a few steps back and look at the posts now and from past threads and you can see it.

Another week of predictions, another week of the prediction NOT happening.
Everyone is quick to say Scott was right but DISH changed their plan. But one thing is for certain if HD is predicted, it WON'T happen.
So can we PLEASE lay off the predictions for next week.

I was going to post this in the other thread (the one that was locked).

dSlate, please remember this is an Internet message board. Not the place for logical arguments, so don't beat your head against the wall. :)

First of all, as a relatively new member I have to say I love this site, particularly the rumors, they are one of the reasons I joined. Since they are rumors and "pass alongs" I take them with a grain of salt since anything can and will change.
As for dslate, reminds me of a 3 year old who wants attention, any attention, be it bad or good. Personally I think if everyone ignored him he wouldn't hang around, since his enjoyment seems to come from "stirring the pot".
Scott, you keep those rumors and tidbits coming!! They are part of what makes this site great:)

I like the predictions whether they come true or not. They give me something to look forward to and they do usually come true in due time. Thanks Scott for making things interesting.

As an outside member looking in (I am not a Dish sub), I think Scott is doing a great service. The predictions give you Dish subs something to look forward to and also helps give you some comfort in knowing that Dish is trying to to give their customers what they want and deserve. There will always be some issues from time to time when dealing with technology. As a Direct sub I know that patience will eventually pay off.

Hope you get your 20+ HD channels ASAP. :up

Jason

I mean really, what else are we supposed to do all day at work?

Wait for uplink reports, and read Scotts rumors!

:up

There's an easy way to not have to read dslate69's posts if they upset you. Go to his public profile and in the upper right, click on "Add dslate69 to Your Ignore List". Or, you can click here to ignore.

I personally have not put him on my ignore list. I don't mind the alternative views, but he does get a little over-zealous at times... :)

The way I see it, Scott obviously knows a few people on the inside.

But he SURE as sh*t isn't the first guy they call if sh*t hits the fan.

So, the channels are planned on going up, he gets the word, but if something happens preventing it, he doesn't get the word, maybe if there is something LEGAL involved, they CAN'T tell him.

So what, he is a liar?

People need to have a little respect for a guy that is providing US with a service. As I said before, all of us here know a little more then the Avg Joe Dish customer that just watches, and all of a sudden, there is a new channel. we know whats in line for us.

Sometimes it makes the immature person feel like they deserve it sooner, or whatever some of you guys feel, but the fact is, you don't deserve anything, you will get what they give you, when they give it to you.

I know how that is. because of things i learned on this site when the technician arrived to install the dish i needed to pick up 61.5 I knew more about it than he did. he didn't even know 61.5 existed, and also didn't know that HD locals were available in the area, when they had been available for over a week. Scott, and everyone else involved in running this site do a great job. they keep us informed, they let us know the rumors. rumors don't always pan out. that's why they call them rumors. I subscribed to this site, because Scotts rumors, and speculation are better than any other sites so called hard news.

My two cents worth--don't change a thing Scott. If you didn't post your insider info, this place would be boring. Sure it hurts when something good doesn't come true, but what a feeling when it does. "The thrill of victory. The agony of defeat".
It amazes me how little Dish does to communicate with subs. If I didn't come here for info I would only know when new channels were added if I just happened to notice them in the guide. Over the years I picked up pretty good troubleshooting hints as well as knowing that some of the problems I encounter were not unique to me. This website is a great tool, that is why I am happy to be a dues paying member...

I know how that is. because of things i learned on this site when the technician arrived to install the dish i needed to pick up 61.5 I knew more about it than he did. he didn't even know 61.5 existed, and also didn't know that HD locals were available in the area, when they had been available for over a week. Scott, and everyone else involved in running this site do a great job. they keep us informed, they let us know the rumors. rumors don't always pan out. that's why they call them rumors. I subscribed to this site, because Scotts rumors, and speculation are better than any other sites so called hard news.

Great point, as with me, I called to have my locals installed the DAY they were made available.

Fact was, Dish couldn't even schedule it until the next morning, since they werent in the computer yet.

So I called the next day, got the install 2 days later for the 61.5 dish last week for my brand new Norfolk locals.

Then, I noticed the email that came. DISH LOCALS IN HD IN YOUR AREA!!!

I can only imagine that people would be calling after that email, maybe if I had gotten that email I would have had to wait a week or two for an install date.

I mean, in the realm of things, no biggie, but no matter what, we are ahead of the game here.

dslate,

Last warning, if you don't like it then go somewhere else. One more outburst from you then you are on vacation.

It's an outburst to question the source that you keep quoting for your predictions?
Even in this thread you have people asking you questions on upcoming programming when your source has yet to hit one.
I just thought I would ask for ONE week on NO predictions so we could actually GET some HD.
Sorry, I love the uplink activity and actual DISH news so we can surmise what is around the corner. Do we really need the "my sources say" post.
I am just trying to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I will put myself on vacation since I don't want to miss out on the next bit of "inside information".

Have a nice vacation :)

Big Thumbs Up to Scott :D. Don't change a thing as I enjoy the predictions. If a prediction/rumour does not come thru I like to think I am mature enough to handle a little disapointment. It's all part of being a E* subscriber :p

I work for a relatively small company as a software developer and things around here can change daily if not multiple times a day. So I can completely understand how a large company like Dish could make multiple changes to it's schedule without internal employees knowing about it, or at least finding out later (after they've talked to Scott).

Second, is there really any difference between us predicting new HD channels and old men sitting around on rockers predicting the weather? The only difference is the medium for discussion. I dare you to ask a group of elderly men to stop talking about the weather for a week because they haven't got a prediction spot-on in a while. You'd probably get whacked in the head by a cane.

Kurt

I personally would rather know the potential of whats coming but understand it may not. Some want to know ahead of time but are too stubborn to realize that intel is not always correct and things change from once second to the next.

If you're using satelliteguys.us as your one and only research medium when betting "HD Futures" at an on-line betting site (when not betting on the outcome of Democratic primaries, or the winner of Survivor/Big Brother), then I could see you being a little upset. Otherwise, it's all good. :)

Kurt

It is funny to me how Scott gets blamed for something that is totally out of his control.
If you look at the uplink reports they show that we were on target to offer more hd this week and then a problem came up.
Damn people!!!
Please keep up the good work Scott!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts