No Replacement R15

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goondog71

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Massachusetts
After talking to a Tier 2 Tech support, we found that my R15 was not working correctly and that they were going to send me out a repacement. When the replacement arrived yesterday, it was a R10!. Needless to say I called D* and I was told that they can not guarantee the make and model of the replacement. I "explained" to them that the two have different features and if I wanted a R10 I would have purchased it. So basicly they wanted to replace a R15 that is 2 months old wiht a REFURBISHED R10. That does not seem right to me. Bascily when we were set and done, they told me to go buy a new R15 from Circuit city or Best Buy and when the new one gets activated they will credit my account the cost of the receiver plus tax. This whole thing does not make sense to me, but at least I am going to get a new R15.

if you get an HSP to come out and replace the R15 we give you a new one instead of a refurb...

goondog71 said:
After talking to a Tier 2 Tech support, we found that my R15 was not working correctly and that they were going to send me out a repacement. When the replacement arrived yesterday, it was a R10!. Needless to say I called D* and I was told that they can not guarantee the make and model of the replacement. I "explained" to them that the two have different features and if I wanted a R10 I would have purchased it. So basicly they wanted to replace a R15 that is 2 months old wiht a REFURBISHED R10. That does not seem right to me. Bascily when we were set and done, they told me to go buy a new R15 from Circuit city or Best Buy and when the new one gets activated they will credit my account the cost of the receiver plus tax. This whole thing does not make sense to me, but at least I am going to get a new R15.

Exact same thing happened to me. I had gone thru 2 R-15's, and was supposed to be sent a third, but they sent me an R-10. I called and raised some heck with them, and long story short I got to keep the R-10 and they just sent me a new R-15. Not a bad deal, given how much crap I've had to go thru with the first 2
R-15's....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts