no sound this morning, what causes this????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hclarkjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
PA
woke up this morning to no sound on any channel. i unplugged my whole home theater system for few minutes and all was well. what causes this?

Every once in a great while that happens to me, too. Simply changing the channel brings it back.

HDMI handshake. I get it with my Demon AVR-1612 & the HR44 DVR. I change the input on the AV receiver and back to the HR-44, will get Dolby Digital. Every now and then I end up with no sound to my TV, from the output of the Avrs, after watching a blu-ray.

Then I have to turn off the HR-44 and back on, so I get sound through my Sound bar, connected to my TV.

I found out this quirk the first day. Pace screwed something up. I am beginning to think that they are using the same chip set that they used in some of the IPTV boxes, that ATT used, before the newer ones came out a couple of years ago.

HDMI handshake. I get it with my Demon AVR-1612 & the HR44 DVR. I change the input on the AV receiver and back to the HR-44, will get Dolby Digital. Every now and then I end up with no sound to my TV, from the output of the Avrs, after watching a blu-ray. Then I have to turn off the HR-44 and back on, so I get sound through my Sound bar, connected to my TV. I found out this quirk the first day. Pace screwed something up. I am beginning to think that they are using the same chip set that they used in some of the IPTV boxes, that ATT used, before the newer ones came out a couple of years ago.

Ive heard several issues with denon and directv having issues. I've got a Denon X-1000 and have never had a single issue except with the airplay, nothing ever with the Denon/Directv. I don't think the issue is Directv but more Denon since I see it across the board with other providers

Ive heard several issues with denon and directv having issues. I've got a Denon X-1000 and have never had a single issue except with the airplay, nothing ever with the Denon/Directv. I don't think the issue is Directv but more Denon since I see it across the board with other providers
This problem is not a Denon/Direct issue. It is happening with Yamaha, Onkyo and other brands.

It is nothing more than a handshake issue, when the DirecTV boxes are in Surround mode. Until Direct wakes up and fixes it along with Pace, it will continue.

The same thing is happening with all boxes that Pace mfg's for different services (CATV, IPTV, satellite). Not an issue with one brand of AV receiver.

I'm still convinced its a Denon issue. Never once in the 3 Yahamas I owned or 2 Pioneers did I ever see the issue and ever service call I roll on with this problem is either a Denon receiver or a sony sound bar/powered sub combo

I have a Yamaha RV-A1010 and it does it once in a while.

I'm still convinced its a Denon issue. Never once in the 3 Yahamas I owned or 2 Pioneers did I ever see the issue and ever service call I roll on with this problem is either a Denon receiver or a sony sound bar/powered sub combo
Again it is not just a Demon AVRS problem. This issue is a HDMI handshake issue, that affects every manufacturers equipment.

Again it is not just a Demon AVRS problem. This issue is a HDMI handshake issue, that affects every manufacturers equipment.

Handshake, yes, but until you have 100% evidence that it's a directv issue or a pace issue at that I'm going to continue to believe what I believe. There is a reason I see Denons on a weekly basis with this issue and no other manufacture to this point excluding the random sony sound bar/sub combo that's the exact same model every time.

Handshake, yes, but until you have 100% evidence that it's a directv issue or a pace issue at that I'm going to continue to believe what I believe. There is a reason I see Denons on a weekly basis with this issue and no other manufacture to this point excluding the random sony sound bar/sub combo that's the exact same model every time.

Did you see my post #11 in this thread?

I had this issue with a Haier tv until I turned off native in the DVR and left it at 1080i. Haven't had a problem since.

And I blame the tv because I haven't had that problem with any of the other TVs, receivers, soundbars, or DVRs in the house.

Yeah, crazy 1 offs happen and I understand that but 99% of the time it's the same brand of AVRs having the issue. I don't have facts or proof, just my seeings in the wild ;)

That's often the case. I'm just sharing my experience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts