No support arms again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am guessing he means CommDeck.

I looked at Commdeck as you mentioned ....
In the FAQ section I found this interesting bit of information :

Can I use RG-59 wire instead of RG-6 wire?

No, RG-6 video cable is for digital video transmissions (required for satellite systems ) and should be used instead of RG-59 (prior standard) which is not able to transmit digital video signals.

While I agree that RG6 should be used any time possible ....
To tell people that RG59 CANNOT transmit digital signals is ridiculous.

Ya just don't know what you are talking about.

Three installs a day is possible in a long day. Folks that do 4 or 5 in a day take all kind if short cuts.

What I am speaking of is called exposure to liability.
I have found a system that will not leak (Capcom) and I charge extra for it.

Shingle roofs with bolts in them do not leak right away. They leak eventually.

Joe

You right, I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to installing dishes,

However, more than 20 years in roofing does tell me that nothing is for sure,

This is where I get irritated with some installers and statements like "it will not leak", "my installs never leak"

That commdeck system is very good, we've used it, it's not perfect, it can leak, so please don't tell your customers it will never leak.

You cannot possibly guarantee that, there's YOUR "Exposure to Liability"!!!

Tell me it will never leak, and I'll try to find you when it does and they do! ANY roof penetration has the chance of leaking.

We cannot offer leak free warranty's. it's not possible. We do offer a contractors warranty that states we will fix leaks for a period of 2-10 years, plus we offer manufacturers system and material warranties (you're choice provided the appropriate warranty fee is paid) provided it's not an act of god that caused the leak (lightning, hail, tornado, earthquake etc) damage by others (Sat Installers)

Do you offer a written leak free warranty when you install the commdeck? RSTC Enterprises doesn't.

If not, don't make promises you cannot keep. That's actually worse than the leak.

You right, I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to installing dishes,

However, more than 20 years in roofing does tell me that nothing is for sure,

This is where I get irritated with some installers and statements like "it will not leak", "my installs never leak"

That commdeck system is very good, we've used it, it's not perfect, it can leak, so please don't tell your customers it will never leak.

You cannot possibly guarantee that, there's YOUR "Exposure to Liability"!!!

Tell me it will never leak, and I'll try to find you when it does and they do! ANY roof penetration has the chance of leaking.

We cannot offer leak free warranty's. it's not possible. We do offer a contractors warranty that states we will fix leaks for a period of 2-10 years, plus we offer manufacturers system and material warranties (you're choice provided the appropriate warranty fee is paid) provided it's not an act of god that caused the leak (lightning, hail, tornado, earthquake etc) damage by others (Sat Installers)

Do you offer a written leak free warranty when you install the commdeck? RSTC Enterprises doesn't.

If not, don't make promises you cannot keep. That's actually worse than the leak.

If I am going to stick my neck out I want money to do it. The CommDeck thing works well on new construction. Also, there is a PrimeStar roof mount here in town I put up about ten years ago that has not failed. It now had a Slimline on it. Bulldog plastic roof cement is another good product...not silicone caulk on shingles.

Joe

If I am going to stick my neck out I want money to do it. The CommDeck thing works well on new construction. Also, there is a PrimeStar roof mount here in town I put up about ten years ago that has not failed. It now had a Slimline on it. Bulldog plastic roof cement is another good product...not silicone caulk on shingles.

Joe

I have no doubt that your installations don't leak, my issue is with the statement that it will NOT leak. That's all. If properly installed, they "shouldn't" leak.

In my business, the words, never, no leaks, won't leak, etc are not used.

The one thing I wholeheartedly agree with. NO SILICONE ON THE ROOF! EVER!

I have no doubt that your installations don't leak, my issue is with the statement that it will NOT leak. That's all. If properly installed, they "shouldn't" leak.

In my business, the words, never, no leaks, won't leak, etc are not used.

The one thing I wholeheartedly agree with. NO SILICONE ON THE ROOF! EVER!

Agreed,

I am going back to an old statement..." when correctly installed the mast will be no more or less of a hazard to leaks than any other part of your roof..." This had to do with leaving the mast foot if the dish had to be moved. Remove the mast base with the next shingle job & check the attachments when cleaning the gutters.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts