Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I don't know how long ago that they gave you that information, but when I tried to get them to give me access to the company scheduled for my Saturday upgrade, they said that they used to have access to the information, but they no longer do.

They actually did give me access several years ago, but not today. Presumably because customers were bothering them too much? Of course, every time I call and talk to a different person about things, I get different information.

It has been awhile since I did that .....
I DID keep the business cards they give you and numbers to the semi local facility that supplies this area.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Honestly if I had there infomration i give it to you but our system no longer give outs hsp numbers some time I can google and find the number for them but out system no longer says what it is.

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2008
USA
Honestly if I had there infomration i give it to you but our system no longer give outs hsp numbers some time I can google and find the number for them but out system no longer says what it is.

Are you able to tell if there are multiple people in the area? Maybe go with another who is more competent than the one's who won't call me back?

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2008
USA
I called and was basically told there was nothing that could be done besides wait for the local installers to call me. I dug in a little and got her to send them another message and told me to expect a call within 20 to 30 minutes. It's been right over 35 minutes now and not expecting a call within the next 20 minutes (before 5PM). It's a shame that DirecTVs policy on contacting the installers can prevent them from gaining new business. A simple yes or no that I have LOS is all I am asking for. If no, then I keep E*. If yes, great come back out and install the system.

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
I called and was basically told there was nothing that could be done besides wait for the local installers to call me. I dug in a little and got her to send them another message and told me to expect a call within 20 to 30 minutes. It's been right over 35 minutes now and not expecting a call within the next 20 minutes (before 5PM). It's a shame that DirecTVs policy on contacting the installers can prevent them from gaining new business. A simple yes or no that I have LOS is all I am asking for. If no, then I keep E*. If yes, great come back out and install the system.

I'd cxl that order in a heartbeat and find a local retailer.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I agree. Cancel that account and go local. You will get a install date a lot earlier and you probably know the installer. :)

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
I third that find a local retailer. when we go to assign we just see blank time table slots and we order we dont see the companys that get assigned till after we process the request our system fills in the name.

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2008
USA
Thanks for the link hublar.

I'm assuming the best resource in looking for a local reseller is the directv website. They show three companies, two being a local company that appear to be the same company and one being HH Gregg.

Does HH Gregg go directly through DirecTV and use the same random installers? Or would they have their own technicians? I assume the local company would have their own installers (but afraid it could be the same yahoo's as before).

Last edited:

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2008
USA
I sent a decent sized letter to them via the Office of the President page. To summarize, I mentioned how I haven't been called back, very displeased with the installer that came out, stated the "professional installation" my order shows is not "professional", and said I really want their service, but that it doesn't appear the installation company wants me to.

I'm hoping this gets the ball rolling. My only concern is that we really do have a LOS issue and I'm fighting to get service for nothing.

Strange....I just now received an email with the subject "DirecTV Order Confirmation", but the entire email is empty. Maybe they are reviewing my issue.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I sent a decent sized letter to them via the Office of the President page. To summarize, I mentioned how I haven't been called back, very displeased with the installer that came out, stated the "professional installation" my order shows is not "professional", and said I really want their service, but that it doesn't appear the installation company wants me to.

I'm hoping this gets the ball rolling. My only concern is that we really do have a LOS issue and I'm fighting to get service for nothing.

Strange....I just now received an email with the subject "DirecTV Order Confirmation", but the entire email is empty. Maybe they are reviewing my issue.

Losing track of this thread, are you the one with the DISH set up already ?
If you have DISH and good signal, you should have NO Problem getting good signal for D*'s sats.

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2008
USA
Losing track of this thread, are you the one with the DISH set up already ?
If you have DISH and good signal, you should have NO Problem getting good signal for D*'s sats.

Yea, I already have Dish on the Western Arc. Never heard back from the installers since they came out Sunday and said possible LOS issue and didn't like I was going to reuse the existing cable runs and he would have run new cable.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
No Jimbo. He wishes had a good signal because that would mean he HAS Direct. He had an installer come out and now has to get a supervisor to verify the LOS.
Hopefully he will be able to enjoy Direct soon.:)

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2008
USA
No Jimbo. He wishes had a good signal because that would mean he HAS Direct. He had an installer come out and now has to get a supervisor to verify the LOS.

The supervisor should have been here by now and called to setup an appt from what I was told. Direct corporate has sent them two messages to call me and they still haven't. And yes, I am hoping to be able to enjoy Direct soon.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005

If he's got DISH on the Western Arc, there's NO reason they should not be able to get D* signal.

What sats is DISH Net. using now on the Western arc ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts