Not picking up all 119 sat. stations

Gasman_66

Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
So. Il.
Hello all, first timer here.
This is my mothers probs, she has a super dish, 3 lnbs on it. I`m not sure what model of reciever box yet(she`ll call back perty soon) but I DO know its at least 5 yrs. old. She IS getting some of the 119 sat channels like CNN does come in & I know from our dish, its on 119. After dinner yesterday, I went to checking which channels were out & it seemed that the 119 channels that were on either transponder 2 or 8 were her troubled spots. Just wondered if any of you folks would have an idea what the problem is?!? Thank you all in advance for looking & any ideas!

Gasman

Have more info....echostar mdl. 3800 reg. id 005. Transponders getting NO signal: 1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 12 14 16 18 & 20 on the 119 sat.
"Thinking" maybe a cap in the box blew, just wondering if anyone else has had the problem or know the fix. Thanx

I'd sign up for the DHPP insurance program for $6 and get a $29 service call if the CSR cannot fix over the phone. You can drop DHPP afterwards. I think 1,3,5,7,9 are spot beam transponders. The others should be ConUS. It could be the antenna out of alignment or the receiver or maybe even a cable. If you're not nearby to do some troubleshooting, you might as well get a service call to get the problem fixed.

TP 1,3,5,7,9 are spotbeams as noted but notice something that really doesnt go together?

a 3800 receiver which is LEGACY
a superdish which is DISHPRO

so unless there is a DishPro adapter setup the horizontals wont come in....best thing to do is get the DHPP and hopefully they send out a remanufactured 301/311 which is better and will work just fine

Thanks all for your replies! Mom`s got the Dish guy/gal coming on Friday, I was just trying to get it fixed at a cheaper price(my time...lol) then a service call. Let ya`all know what the prob was...could come in handy for some1 else next time. Thanx again!

High Definition in two rooms?

Dish 1000.4 Testing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)