Now let's get truthful about AVATAR.

Lets talk about prejudices. Your prejudices against the kindle astonish me. Guess you are not a shareholder in Amazon.
Actually, its reading I have trouble with and I can even speed read. My issue with it is I get distracted too often to ever just sit and read. For the past 40 years it's been one interruption after another. So, I discovered audible.com and I listen to books on my PDA phone while I go do those distractions. It's not really a prejudice, but rather knowing an ebook reader would just sit and collect dust.
I did buy a hundred shares of Amazon and made a couple hundred when it hit $142 and sold it. Haven't been back in since, but I have an eye on it. I happen to think Amazon and Ebay are two great companies that will survive for a long time. I still own eBay as it hasn't moved enough yet to sell.

Regarding my comments, they were all in jest. Still friends? :) I do admire when you can come back and state how you really did enjoy the movie- And yes, I fully understand how 3D can bother some people but that, I believe is a medical issue, not a political one.

Actually, its reading I have trouble with and I can even speed read. My issue with it is I get distracted too often to ever just sit and read. For the past 40 years it's been one interruption after another. So, I discovered audible.com and I listen to books on my PDA phone while I go do those distractions. It's not really a prejudice, but rather knowing an ebook reader would just sit and collect dust.
I did buy a hundred shares of Amazon and made a couple hundred when it hit $142 and sold it. Haven't been back in since, but I have an eye on it. I happen to think Amazon and Ebay are two great companies that will survive for a long time. I still own eBay as it hasn't moved enough yet to sell.

Regarding my comments, they were all in jest. Still friends? :) I do admire when you can come back and state how you really did enjoy the movie- And yes, I fully understand how 3D can bother some people but that, I believe is a medical issue, not a political one.

Yeah. No problem. I was in a grumpy mood writing a lecture for a summer class when I read your comment, and snapped back. :)

I think a LOT of people went to see the movie because of the 3D, not because of the sci-fi story, and given my experience with 3D, I looked carefully at the description of the movie, and for whatever reason last December, I did not find it compelling enough to spend 3 hours in a theater for. and thus, was in no rush to see it. My wife and kid were in the video store looking for something yesterday and they said how about Avatar, and I said ok, why not. And I am glad I did see it. I do like the story. I never had political opposition; heck,I am a tree-hugger, and liked the enviro political messages in the film a lot.

Ok, enough computer time... I have a book I want to read on my kindle. ;) :D (Actually, I'll read for 25 minutes to get a it ahead of the commercials in the Survivor finale!) :)

Peace.

Yeah, back to Pocahontas, er... I meant Avatar...
Glad you and family enjoyed it. The 2D does allow us to enjoy the story more too as 3D is still a novelty with us and it, IMO, distracts from the story but gives a different ( for us) form of entertainment. I hope science can someday create a form of 3D you can enjoy without the medical issues. DLP projectors affect some people the same way.

I kind of wish it wasn't so long. Its one of those films I can see watching several times, but it is a heck of a commitment to sit down and watch in one setting.

And while I understand the desire to create a sequel - $2.5B talks - I suspect any sequel would be disappointing.

In the theater the length was indeed annoying, but at home, anything goes. We love to just disappear for a weekend and do the marathon series at times, watching several one after the other, taking breaks on our schedule. I like Bourne trilogy, we did LOR 1 and 2 but have not completed 3 yet. I'm also up to Star Trek 8 on Blu Ray. I have all 12. My wife wants to do 24 last season and hasn't watched one episode this season. We did season 7 that way on Blue Ray.

In the theater the length was indeed annoying, but at home, anything goes. We love to just disappear for a weekend and do the marathon series at times, watching several one after the other, taking breaks on our schedule. I like Bourne trilogy, we did LOR 1 and 2 but have not completed 3 yet. I'm also up to Star Trek 8 on Blu Ray. I have all 12. My wife wants to do 24 last season and hasn't watched one episode this season. We did season 7 that way on Blue Ray.

The length of Avatar was one of the reasons I did not go see a 2D version of it. But I agree, at home, anything goes. But at home, you can hit the pause button. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts