NYC and LA HD Locals launched and available!

alleng

Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
HD Distant Nets?

I would like to know it Distant Net subcribers will be able to get the New York or LA HD Network when they start transmitting.

I live in Georgia and can recieve CBS and NBC HD with my antenna, but I cannot recieve FOX or ABC. They broadcast at 60kw where CBS and NBC broadcast at 1000kw and 716kw (and I am on the fringe of reception of those).

How about if were already approved for distant nets? will we be able to see the hd feeds when they become available?:) in mpeg2 that is

Last edited:
Locals In HD...Anyone with the new recivers getting them yet?????

Specfically the LA locals. The new DishHD website says their available already on 129. Anyone receiving them yet?

jerryez,

You are saying that you can get CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX distant nets on a mpeg4 reciver!

Can you get both NY and LA? What part of the country are you in?

I have both NY and LA regular distant nets and would love to be able to confirm if I can get the HD versions if I upgrade.

We have confirmation that subscribers with 211/411s who had access to the NY and LA standard def local channels now have access to the NY and LA High Def local channels. Local channels in HD are ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX.

For NYC HD Locals you will need a dish pointed at 61.5.

For LA HD Locals you will need a dish pointed at 129.

If you think you should see them but dont, make sure your guide is on "ALL SUB". Also you might need to reboot the receiver for your EPG to update.

HokieEngineer said:
We have confirmation that subscribers with 211/411s who had access to the NY and LA standard def local channels now have access to the NY and LA High Def local channels. Local channels in HD are ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX.

For NYC HD Locals you will need a dish pointed at 61.5.

For LA HD Locals you will need a dish pointed at 129.

If you think you should see them but dont, make sure your guide is on "ALL SUB". Also you might need to reboot the receiver for your EPG to update.
When you say "confirmation" does that like mean it's "official" as in confirmed by Dish or something or just "confirmed" that some subs are getting them ?
Reason I ask, is that Charlie said on the Chat that no new HD distants would be available until June, so I'm worried that this may be just a temporary anomolie that happened with the launch of NY & LA HD locals and they might not remain available as HD distants. If it's a permenant situation, I might consider trying to get a 211 before this weekend and just sit it out for the 622 upgrade in April.

I got good news for some who sub to SD feeds of distants...you will get the HD feed as well...I sub to FOX NY and see I got the HD feed as well in the 6xxx range.
So I guess this answers many questions..

Walt, nothing is official from the mouth of dish. However for them to use the exact same channel authorizations for the HD as they did the SD, I would put money on the idea if you can see NY SD locals now, you will see NY HD locals when you get a new mpeg4 box. Provided you have a dish pointed at 61.5!

Goalie, subchannels would have to come as a separate video stream, and I dont see any of those, so I would say no, there are no subchannels. I believe even with cable the cable company adds the subchannel separate and not all are carried. I dont dont know the FCC regs on this.

Reported NY HD resolution information:
WABC: 1280x720p
WCBS: 1440x1080i
WNBC: 1280x720p
WNYW: 1280x720p

Reported LA HD resolution info:
KABC: 1280x720p
KCBS: 1920x1080i
KNBC: 1440x1080i
KTTV: 1280x720p

HokieEngineer said:
Reported NY HD resolution information:
WABC: 1280x720p
WCBS: 1440x1080i
WNBC: 1280x720p
WNYW: 1280x720p

Reported LA HD resolution info:
KABC: 1280x720p
KCBS: 1920x1080i
KNBC: 1440x1080i
KTTV: 1280x720p

What a joke !!:mad:

-Gary

Ok, so it looks like they're not true HD. Can anyone post how they compare to the sd versions in the 242-248 group in terms of how they look and if they're in a true widescreen aspect ratio.

waltinvt said:
Ok, so it looks like they're not true HD. Can anyone post how they compare to the sd versions in the 242-248 group in terms of how they look and if they're in a true widescreen aspect ratio.

Walt, The ABC feeds look great! As does CBS LA. Others are certaintly better than the SD feeds. All are true widescreen format. I do not get Fox feeds. Bob

Last edited:
Then I might as well cancel my HD sice that is the native resolution of my display and still the most common HD native out there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts