NYC local outage?

Scottie318

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 31, 2004
Was watching the tail end of 24 and now I am seeing a "Sorry for the interruption" slate. WABC is out as well here in NJ.

Yea, screwed up my recording of "Medium".

I also have issues with PIX-HD, seems like a slight horizontal misalignment in the picture (something I saw occasionally on NBC-HD as well). But that probably is not weather-related.

I also have the PIX HD horizontal line problem both yesterday and still tonight. Hope they fix it soon.

Wow I can't believe they still haven't fixed the channel yet. I'm going to give them a call soon.

Wow I can't believe they still haven't fixed the channel yet. I'm going to give them a call soon.

And you know what I bet the CSR is going to tell you? "Well, sir/ma'am, we have had no reports of any problems with that channel. I want you to pull the power plug/press and hold the power button on the front of the receiver and tell me if that fixes the problem. It didn't? Let me schedule a service call for you".

It boggles the mind that Dish hasn't addressed this yet. How difficult can it be?

And you know what I bet the CSR is going to tell you? "Well, sir/ma'am, we have had no reports of any problems with that channel. I want you to pull the power plug/press and hold the power button on the front of the receiver and tell me if that fixes the problem. It didn't? Let me schedule a service call for you".

It boggles the mind that Dish hasn't addressed this yet. How difficult can it be?

I wonder what your setup is. I am not seeing any problem on this channel.

Three different ViP 622's and three different TV's (Two older Toshiba rear Projecting Crts and a Sony 55A3000). Perhaps its some specific program I didnt check?

I wonder what your setup is. I am not seeing any problem on this channel.

Three different ViP 622's and three different TV's (Two older Toshiba rear Projecting Crts and a Sony 55A3000). Perhaps its some specific program I didnt check?

When did you check? I basically just watch the 10PM News and 2 1/2 Men, but my guess is it was on other programs as well. I have a 622 to a 42" LCD (I also have a 211 to a 26" LCD but never bothered checking that).

I believe it's fixed now and maybe has been for a few days. If you checked a while ago then it must be location or equipment specific but is not isolated to me as the posts above attest.

I seem to recall seeing a similar anomaly a while back but I can't recall if it was the same channel or a different one.

When did you check? I basically just watch the 10PM News and 2 1/2 Men, but my guess is it was on other programs as well. I have a 622 to a 42" LCD (I also have a 211 to a 26" LCD but never bothered checking that).

I believe it's fixed now and maybe has been for a few days. If you checked a while ago then it must be location or equipment specific but is not isolated to me as the posts above attest.

I seem to recall seeing a similar anomaly a while back but I can't recall if it was the same channel or a different one.

I checked right after the earlier reports of this problem with WPIX. I happened to catch their evening news report and saw no problem. Checked several days running, catching news or their early evening show. Note all my boxes are set to output 1080i which is the natvie mode for two of these tv's, the newest tv doing 1080p as its native mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)