Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

4.01 still has a lot of problems with the single stepping around. If you pause and go back one frame, a lot of times it jumps back 30 seconds or so. If you go forward a couple steps then go back it usually will behave correctly. But, single stepping forward and backwards tends to get messed up quite a bit and you end up jumping a pretty good distance away from where you were.

My skip back time has increased to about 15 seconds. Anyone else notice this.

I think they are trying to duplicate the TiVo FF jump back (auto-correct) feature. So if you FF past commercials then see your show, you can stop FF by hitting the "skip back" button instead of the "play" button to be taken back a few seconds before the show comes back on. This happens automatically on Tivo when you resume playback from FF with the "play" button.

I got the 4.01 this morning as promised. Have not found and problems. Best features are the HD in the DVR list and the map downs. I have not checked out the search problem with mapped down channels.

I have a FEATURE REQUEST.

When using SIDE BY SIDE PIP I would like an option in one of the settings screen that if your in SINGLE MODE running Side by Side PIP the audio of the programming of the right PIP window be fed out the TV audio outputs.

With a setup like this I could plug my headphones into output for TV 2 and finally me and my wife could watch TV together. :) (Her CSI crap on the left side and my wrestling crap on the right side) :D

How about being able to change the channel on the TV2 side of the PIP. Perhaps using the Page up and down buttons.

Did they always have The Weather Channel locals in the interactive programming? Looks very close to having locals on the 8s. Live TWC in the background with a banner of you local information on the bottom.

Did they always have The Weather Channel locals in the interactive programming? Looks very close to having locals on the 8s. Live TWC in the background with a banner of you local information on the bottom.

Yes, I saw that in previous versions with TWC in teh background. Nothing new to that in 4.01.

Another FEATURE REQUEST (Scott's got me thinking)

Why can't we have PiP in dual mode? I KNOW that the second remote could be changing stations, but my point is that I think TV1 should be able to control TV1 and TV2. For example, we have a 2 story house and basement. When my wife goes to workout, she is in the basement while I'm on main floor. Remote 2 is upstairs. If she forgets the remote, it would be nice to be able to swap to TV2 from TV1 and set her show for her.

While the above senerio might not be convencing, I do think having TV1 control both tuners in dual mode would be very helpful in many other cases. If that can't be done, then at least the ability to turn dual mode on or off from either remote (or TV1 / TV2 menu) would be a great substitue. There are times when we are both at the same TV that it would be nice to switch to single mode so we can do PiP then switch back from either remote when we forget to switch it. Having the button only on the box itself is not very helpful.

And, if both of those can't be done, how about a view-only option for PiP while in dual mode? If Scott's request for audio was done, then two people could sit, each with their own remote, and watch on the same TV. Tell me THAT isn't sweet!

4.01 still has a lot of problems with the single stepping around. If you pause and go back one frame, a lot of times it jumps back 30 seconds or so. If you go forward a couple steps then go back it usually will behave correctly. But, single stepping forward and backwards tends to get messed up quite a bit and you end up jumping a pretty good distance away from where you were.

I had this happen way before 401 came. I don;t see it as a problem.

I rescanned my locals and I got back the problem where it will default to the 105 satellite in the Point Dish screen. Grrr.... I changed the channel to TNT HD and it showed 110 in red with the correct TP at the bottom but where you select the satellite it showed 129 and TP11. WTH!

Last edited:
I'm seeing similar occurances...sporadically.

I rescanned my locals and I got back the problem where it will default to the 105 satellite in the Point Dish screen. Grrr.... I changed the channel to TNT HD and it show 110 in red with the correct TP at the bottom but where you select the satellite it shows 129 and TP11. WTH!

I got the 4.01 this morning as promised. Have not found and problems. Best features are the HD in the DVR list and the map downs.

I wish they would display the HD label next to local OTA channels as well. This would be most helpful in the DVR recordings list, so we could determine where all of the hard drive space has gone.

Hi, so I got the update and I'm seeing a situation where I had some programs (both HD and SD) that I had previously recorded on the hard drive. Before the update it would list the name of the program i recorded. Now, it says "Event Locked" for all of the HD recordings and I have to enter the password to view it. The SD recordings are all accessible. Why would it lock only the HD recordings??

Local Channel & Locked Events

I got the Update sometime yesterday. I live in Ames, Iowa. My problems are that my OTA CBS channel freezes up often enough (every 2 minutes) to make it unwatchable. It comes in fine through my TV's tuner. All the OTA channels have higher reception numbers than before. I think the CW channel is watchable now, though I haven't kept it on long enough to be sure. My CBS channel is at 100 reception and used to be my second best reception behind my PBS channel (still at 100). Haven't noticed a problem with the PBS channel. I deleted all channels and rescanned, then did a reboot from the power button. No luck!
My second bug is that a bunch of my recordings are Locked Events now. They seem to play OK though. Is there a way to Unlock them?

My problems are that my OTA CBS channel freezes up often enough (every 2 minutes) to make it unwatchable. It comes in fine through my TV's tuner. All the OTA channels have higher reception numbers than before. I deleted all channels and rescanned, then did a reboot from the power button. No luck!

Same here with my KCRA3(NBC) station. Prior to this update, we had a minor annoyance with skipping during playback of DVR'd material. Now it is completely unwatchable: 8 minor breakups in two minutes and asignal loss screen. Tried everything. Signal is fine through my TV's tuner. This has been reported by two other Sacramento residents on AVS and DBS.

Scott

Everything works except I lost all my OTA locals. It's as if the OTA tuner has been turned off inside the receiver. Tech help was no help, it's being returned. If anyone else has had this problem and fixed it help. I love everything else about the update. I have checked switch numerous times and deleted locals, rescanned rebooted, you name it. I don't know of anything else to do.

Everything works except I lost all my OTA locals. It's as if the OTA tuner has been turned off inside the receiver. Tech help was no help, it's being returned. If anyone else has had this problem and fixed it help. I love everything else about the update. I have checked switch numerous times and deleted locals, rescanned rebooted, you name it. I don't know of anything else to do.
My version B with L401 did the same thing. Mine was just wounded, I got them back by doing a power cord reboot. Sounds like it killed yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts