OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Technically, this thread is proper, with the title, and seeing how Scott started one for the FSN, well...

Don't mind the shills.

Thanks. :)

Sorry I'm coming off a a jerk. Just blows my mind what happened.

The thread's title could be corrected. You don't spell drop as "dropp" :p
I was just pissed off and typing fast.

I do too

I have a feeling this president@dishnetwork.com will backfire on Dish - I took it as opportunity to write the below:

Dear Dish Network President,

"My account number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am SICK AND TIRED of Dish dropping channels EVERY MONTH and then playing the "it's not our fault, programmers are trying to raise their fees" and, at the same time, Dish keeps on increasing their fees on DVRs, programming packages, etc.

Bottom line is: By the end of October, when I am back from vacation, I still do not have access to the Disney HD channels, the Fox channeld dropped today AND my local sport channels MSG and MSG+, you will lose me as customer.

Enough is enough! Comcast isn't out there dropping channels and neither is Directv!"

I am guessing they'll get quite a few of these e-mails today.

I think it will backfire too. Yes there is some pooch screwing here on both sides. Now you have to go to either C or D*.

Thread for discussing the drop of FX and NatGeo?

I'm looking for a thread to talk about the recent drops of FX and NatGeo.

All I can find is RSN stuff. I do not watch sports.

My response to Dish via email.

Dear Mr Ergen,

My account number is XXXX XX XXX XXXXXXX

I am SICK AND TIRED of Dish dropping channels and playing the "it's not our fault, programmers are trying to raise their fees" and, at the same time, Dish keeps on increasing their fees on DVRs, programming packages, etc. This year I absorbed a huge increase in my bill by Dish Network hiking the addition Dual DVR fee to $17.00 from $5.00 per month, I believe my bill went up by 35 dollars per month. I knuckled under to the price increase and I even added the Multisports package to get access to NFL Redzone.

Bottom line is: I have to be able to view Buffalo Sabres games, or I will shop for another provider. I've been with Dish since 1997, I prefer your hardware, and your selection of channels over my local Cable Company or DirecTV.

If I can't get Buffalo Sabres games then I will be gone completely. You can forget completely any likelihood I will ever subscribe to the NHL Center Ice Package (which I have had for the last 2 seasons) again from Dish, even if you resolve the MSG RSN, Fox Network problem.

Enough is enough!
I am guessing you are getting many more Emails like this today.

John Lodge
Soon to be a former Dish Network subscriber

Honestly, I think Fox could be mistaken. While losing FX does hurt some people, I don't think it'll hurt enough people, some may not even notice! Dish still has a ton of channels which include some really good stuff that Directv doesn't have, AMC HD (which is looking to surpass FX as the quality cable original programming station), TCM HD, EPIX HDs. They still have all the premiums.

The local RSNs does hurt the most... not me personally, but certainly to local sports (hockey, basketball, baseball if it drags for a while) fans.

But overall, I think people could live with where this is at, other than the loss of RSNs. If I don't get FX, I really won't care too much. Nat Geo? Are you kidding me? There are a number of similar programs on other channels. There are other options already available.

As to people bitching about replacement channels that they already get, geesh, get over it. You want Dish to start offering something they don't offer? At least Dish is making a decent effort to replace the programming and did so immediately. Some people want Dish to supply everything for nothing.

Thanks for the honest reply.

I will try and get a hold of myself.

Don't tell Redwing that I failed again :) haha

Okay, the previous thread needed some deletions as there was a bit of flaming going on, but locking it was unnecessary.

But to the OP point, nothing in the title of the RSN thread points to FX or National Geographic. So either that needs to be updated, or a separate thread maintained.

100.2 Sudden Death

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)