OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

inazsully said:
Yep, it's all about you. You don't watch the RSN's but millions in the major market areas do. I seldom watch FX or NatGeo but I sure don't want to lose them, especially since I'm paying for them. If you don't care about losing the FOX locals then you are in a vast minority. Most folks kind of balk at paying for something and then having it taken away with no discourse. Kind of the way I was raised.

I find the latest Dish commercials interesting. The CEO makes the statement that you just want your channels to be there when you turn the TV on. He must not be aware that several channels are missing.

I have been with Dish for forever and like them, but that being said, they are a for profit company making money just like Fox. I appreciate the fact that they are fighting for the best possible deal. Be it Direct, Dish, Comcast, etc, the customer will always pay when programmers raise their prices. If Dish and others didn't negotiate with Fox and other programmers and keep them at least a little bit honest, God knows what we would all be paying for TV. Who's right? Who's wrong? Who knows. I just don't want to pay more than I already am!

I've got to say this is a little ridiculous. I've been with Dish for years, and they always have these disputes. However, usually in the past, it's been for a few days or a week or so at most. Now it's months upon months. I still don't have many of my HD channels like ABC Family HD back yet and they have been gone several months. Now FX is gone. I'm all for trying to negotiate the best deal, but there is a point when it's just no longer worth it. More than I care about FX, I just want my HD channels back that I lost.

The whole Robin hood act wore off a long time ago. Whats the big deal with Fox wanting a 50% increase when Dish increased our rates twice in the last year and for some (including myself), equipment fees went up over 300%.

As much as I love Dish, the channel pulling needs to stop. Give us what we pay for already. Echostar/Dish is another great example of why this country is going down the toilet. Every decision is based on what will it do for our stock price. Charlie would screw all his customers just to eek out another penny.

Denver FOX 31

July 3, 1995: KDVR becomes a FOX O&O (owned and operated station)

There was a full page ad in the Denver Post, saying that Denver FOX31 KDVR could be lost on Nov. 1.

Says -

DISH no longer carries FX or NatGeo. On November 1st, you could also lose FOX31.

What good is an empty Dish?

Call these other providers that will give you what you paid for.

Comcast, DirecTV.

GetWhatIPaidFor :: Get What I Paid For

1-877-99-I-Paid

mike123abc said:
DIRECTV already carries the RSNs in the base tier. Plus having an ownership by FOX will probably make the negotiations much smoother.

Murdoch does not own direct tv or has any contact with them. At one time Murdoch had a major stock position with dish network and it did not mean anything. Fox sport has let it be known with all providers that they want a 50% increase in fees they could care less about what tiers the program are on.

There was a full page ad in the Denver Post, saying that Denver FOX31 KDVR could be lost on Nov. 1.

Says -

DISH no longer carries FX or NatGeo. On November 1st, you could also lose FOX31.

What good is an empty Dish?

Call these other providers that will give you what you paid for.

Comcast, DirecTV.

GetWhatIPaidFor :: Get What I Paid For

1-877-99-I-Paid

Maybe that is the reason for such slow negotiations. Charlie's own backyard isn't affected yet. He can watch all his local teams (Broncos, Avalanche, Nuggets and the Rockies when playing) without even dealing with conflict with Fox. I imagine by Nov 1, he might start to negotiate with a little more vigor than now, when he is in the same situation as others.

I just like to chime in. I used to be a D* sub and my experience with them was terrible. Plus, they say that they are the "Sports" provider. Well now, that is not true. I have a friend that had their NFL-ST. Most of the games that he wanted to watch were in fact blacked out on the NFL-ST. Which ticked him off big time. Then when WGN stopped carrying the WB on their national feed. There was no more WB. Which D* did not care about not having a national WB channel. So after 4 yrs of fighting with D* over that, including dropping all but 1 of my locals, which were ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox! Besides the price hikes in those 4 yrs with D*. I switched to E* and ever since been happy. I even own my own equiipment and NO 2-year contracts. So in other words, the grass is not always greener at D*. However this pow wow between Fox and Dish does need to be resolved but I am with E*. I will not let Fox bully me around. Murdock needs to wake up before he has a lawsuit on his hands.

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with this,if an individual does this it's called extortion and is a criminal offense.If a business does this it's business as usual?.:confused:

Here you decide:

Extortion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its not extortion its business. fox has a product and has set a price on it
dish does not want to buy it for that. if enough people wont buy it then fox will change the pricing

I just like to chime in. I used to be a D* sub and my experience with them was terrible. Plus, they say that they are the "Sports" provider. Well now, that is not true. I have a friend that had their NFL-ST. Most of the games that he wanted to watch were in fact blacked out on the NFL-ST. Which ticked him off big time. Then when WGN stopped carrying the WB on their national feed. There was no more WB. Which D* did not care about not having a national WB channel. So after 4 yrs of fighting with D* over that, including dropping all but 1 of my locals, which were ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox! Besides the price hikes in those 4 yrs with D*. I switched to E* and ever since been happy. I even own my own equiipment and NO 2-year contracts. So in other words, the grass is not always greener at D*. However this pow wow between Fox and Dish does need to be resolved but I am with E*. I will not let Fox bully me around. Murdock needs to wake up before he has a lawsuit on his hands.

The only games blacked out on NFLST would be your local teams home games that are not sold out. So if most of the games he wanted to watch were blackout out, he would not see those games on any system.

My local Fox station is not affected, but I would not want to lose Fox news or Fox Business channel. Also the RSN is something that I enjoy.

I guess maybe I am at the point that maybe all of them need to be gone from my life if this issue is not resolved soon. The cutoff by Fox is nothing more than FOX playing games with E* subs. Charlie saying he was concerned about raising our costs is a joke after the fee increases this past year.

Count me among the subs that are gone in the next few weeks if FOX is gone or if Fox comes back but with additional fee increases from Charlie.

All of the "Oak Hill Capital Partners" Fox stations, which operate as "Local TV LLC", have had their proxy for the negotiation given to Fox to negotiate.

Is that established somewhere that they have given up their right to negotiate for themselves, or is that still just your theory?

I just believe that the contracts for these former O&O stations expire the same day.

Since there is such contempt between the two corporations, why not just let Fox have their way. But list their entire fox lineup as extra programming with an additional charges.
The way newscorp is going, about the only provider that will be left for their programming is direct.
All of our small local cable companies have dropped fox programming completely, except for the locals. Now I know why.
Newscorp must be a partner from hell to do business with.

There is not a single thing you stated that is true, except for a national WB

HDRoberts said:
Is that established somewhere that they have given up their right to negotiate for themselves, or is that still just your theory?
There was a quote somewhere from a bigwig at Local TV LLC that stated they've given Fox their proxy for the negotiations.

EDIT: Found it.
Jhon69 said:
Hey Greg do you know who The DirecTV Group Inc. is?.
Sure. And they aren't owned by Fox or any of NewsCorp's subsidiaries any longer. DirecTV is now an independant company. You've missed quite a few transactions over the past couple of years if you believe Fox has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
a year ago we lost our abc station in wa. it took 6 months to get it back, we sign up with aad to get our abc network. this might be something to look into for fox network in nov.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)