OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

I thought they were supposed to make the other RSNs available to those of you that lost yours. Those games are on 414 FSN RM tomorrow. You might check it out or call and see if you can get that channel.

They are blacking them out. I haven't been able to watch the Big 12 games the last two weeks. At the moment the OSU vs Texas Tech game is showing unlocked for me on 449 in the guide, but the OU vs Iowa St game is showing locked. The OSU game is only showing up on the SD alternate too. The OU game is only showing up on the HD alt. I have kids games to go to tomorrow, but I have set the OSU game to record, so we shall see if something changes this week from the past two weeks.

I have a feeling those games will be locked out tomorrow at game time.

Dude, you won't spend $3 to buy your wife chips? That's harsh. Most of us don't really get to make decisions like that on behalf of our wives. I do not have snack-purchase veto power like you do. :) I guess we know who wears the pants in your family! :D

Believe me, this is only one of the very few decisions I get to make. (To be honest, I don't think she really wanted the chips this week.):D

Because you won't buy them.

LOL :D:D

No, it's because he's trying to help ALL of us ! He's refusing to accept and support this unprecedented 40% price increase. He's fighting Frito-Lay FOR ALL OF US ! By him not buying them, Frito-Lay will go back to their previous, lower price. ;)

You are a very wise man!:D

Not a good comparison because any grocery item price is flexible from week to week. Is Lay's offering a lower price for that week to promote their name or is Wal-Mart lowering the price for a week and using the chips as a lose leader to get you into the store. Both good marketing ploys and used all the rime from Best Buy, Sears, Kroger etc. Doesn't work that way with companies like Dish and FOX.

No offense, but part of my point is people are saying that with this Fox thing going on, they are going to D* and finding it's cheaper, but the real bargain is only while the promotion is going on, after that the regular price will be about the same if not more than Dish. Thus it's just a marking ploy from D*. They get you to sign on for a cheap price, but then lock you into a much higher price later in your contract. And when Fox or who ever starts contracts talks with D*, these new D* subs will be right in the same position they are with E* at the moment.
(Before anyone says anything, I know that E* does the same kind of marketing, but from most of the posting E* still comes out cheaper. Of course, as always, YMMV
.)

Thanks to all who replied!
Ghpr13:)

Wow! Fox is definitely letting people know who the bad guy is in these disputes this time around, aren't they?

As of now, I'm all for Dish telling Fox goodbye and good riddance.

I called Dish today to bitch to them some more. The CSR told me that they hope to have all channels back on line by next weekend.

Take that for what its worth.

They better be changing their minds now that Fox was able to block HULU from Cablevision subscribers.;):D

Dish and Fox are both to blame.....maybe Fox more. But when it comes down to it, I'm paying to watch TV. And I'm not going to pay if I don't get to see my RSNs and possibly my local Fox station. I will just go to DirecTv since it is very similar. I'm not going to stand by some multi-million/billion dollar company like they are my friend. They only care about getting our monthly payment and hopefully a contract out of us. Beyond that, they wouldn't be there for us.

I called Dish today to bitch to them some more. The CSR told me that they hope to have all channels back on line by next weekend.

Take that for what its worth.

No CSR is going to know what is going on with the contract negotiations. Most times I know more about what is going on before they do.

so what happens to E* customers trying to watch the NLCS?

Fox hasn't shut down their channels yet on Dish, so the game is on right now without a problem, which means Dish subs that care about the game can watch the game...but it seems that Fox and cablevision have walked away from the table tonight without a deal which means it's dark for their subs...

Fox hasn't shut down their channels yet on Dish, so the game is on right now without a problem, which means Dish subs that care about the game can watch the game...but it seems that Fox and cablevision have walked away from the table tonight without a deal which means it's dark for their subs...
oh okay. when I saw the cablevision story, I thought Fox had already gone dark on Dish. What is the point of the dispute if Fox isn't even dropping the channels on Dish then? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up

oh okay. when I saw the cablevision story, I thought Fox had already gone dark on Dish. What is the point of the dispute if Fox isn't even dropping the channels on Dish then? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up

Well Fox has dropped FX, NatGeo and a few RSNs on Dish so there are channels that have been dropped with Dish. There's also the matter that Fox does have a contract renewal coming up the 1st of November for their O&O stations along with the stations that Local TV Broadcasting (I think that's their name) has assigned Fox to be their proxy in negotiations with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)