OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Seems that ESPN's baseball guy Buster Olney has Cablevision and can't watch the game tonite...can't wait to read his next article on ESPN.com!

Charlie is making a calculated decision that what money he saves by holding firm is less than he will lose by angering subs like me who are fuming at missing College Football games. Somehow Directv can be competitive with Dish and still keep Fox happy with putting the RSN's in the lowest tier. And they still manage to be more profitable based on quarterly statements. Seems like Directv can compete on cost and still keep the programming that I want. Time to look up the ETF for my Dish account.

Charlie is making a calculated decision that what money he saves by holding firm is less than he will lose by angering subs like me who are fuming at missing College Football games. Somehow Directv can be competitive with Dish and still keep Fox happy with putting the RSN's in the lowest tier. And they still manage to be more profitable based on quarterly statements. Seems like Directv can compete on cost and still keep the programming that I want. Time to look up the ETF for my Dish account.

DTV is offering deals to dish customers who have ETF's. It always pays to check it out could save you some $$$

Why miss any games I watched all the FSN games online by using advice posted on Sat guys in http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/231226-here-watch-sports-line.html . You will also be able to watch most other sports , also.

Dish and Fox are both to blame.....maybe Fox more. But when it comes down to it, I'm paying to watch TV. And I'm not going to pay if I don't get to see my RSNs and possibly my local Fox station. I will just go to DirecTv since it is very similar. I'm not going to stand by some multi-million/billion dollar company like they are my friend. They only care about getting our monthly payment and hopefully a contract out of us. Beyond that, they wouldn't be there for us.
Does that not describe almost ALL business's?? There is a time to take a stand and be loyal--if you read ALL of the disputes going on around the country with Fox, then surely you have to take the side of Dish?
A 50-to 100% increase in carriage rates is pure Blackmail! You can spend your whole life switching back and forth between providers--why not take a stand?

Good Lord People! Is this just about you missing sports? Take a stand!

Yes it is. Not being able to see Blue Jackets games because of the dispute is very annoying. The lack of HD hockey on Dish
is the straw that broke the camels back.

HD hockey, especially the Sharks, let alone my local NHL franchise is the only reason we have satellite instead of a cable bundle.

Charley obviously doesn't care about sports fans, so in 4 days I am back to DirecTV after 4 years with Dish.

Dish and Fox are both to blame.....maybe Fox more. But when it comes down to it, I'm paying to watch TV. And I'm not going to pay if I don't get to see my RSNs and possibly my local Fox station. I will just go to DirecTv since it is very similar. I'm not going to stand by some multi-million/billion dollar company like they are my friend. They only care about getting our monthly payment and hopefully a contract out of us. Beyond that, they wouldn't be there for us.

If that is your choice that's your choice,I wish you all the best of luck if you decide to leave nothing wrong maybe D* will be a better fit for you.Everyone needs to find out which provider fits their separate needs the best.:)

I want my Nat Geo !!!!

I believe that my contract is with Dish. They are to deal with Fox; not me.
I plan to reduce my 250 plan to a lower number of channels until Nat Geo returns. I don't really miss any of the others.

No CSR is going to know what is going on with the contract negotiations. Most times I know more about what is going on before they do.

Like I said, take it for what its worth.

Yes it is. Not being able to see Blue Jackets games because of the dispute is very annoying. The lack of HD hockey on Dish
is the straw that broke the camels back.

The way the CBJ is playing, Dish is doing you a favor......

My 2 Cents

I think Charlie is as evil as Wal-Mart, remember how Wal-Mart bankrupted several manufacturing companies like Ohio’s Rubbermaid in a sick effort to keep prices low
Rubbermaid went bankrupt and all those jobs went to China because of Wal-Mart,

Now Charlie wants to pay less even thou he’s not the one paying he’s got to remember he’s just an intermediary, and Fox needs more money so they can produce more shows and give more people jobs. Charlie should just create more programming packages with different prices and let the customers choose.

Charlie in 10 years or even less your company is not going to exist, people are starting to Switch to the intrnet for all their entertainment needs. Media Disintermediation is what’s going to kill your company off Charlie; TVs are starting to ship with a ton of integrated Internet apps. Your Time will soon be up

My 2 Cents

I think Charlie is as evil as Wal-Mart, remember how Wal-Mart bankrupted several manufacturing companies like Ohio’s Rubbermaid in a sick effort to keep prices low
Rubbermaid went bankrupt and all those jobs went to China because of Wal-Mart,

Now Charlie wants to pay less even thou he’s not the one paying he’s got to remember he’s just an intermediary, and Fox needs more money so they can produce more shows and give more people jobs. Charlie should just create more programming packages with different prices and let the customers choose.

Charlie in 10 years or even less your company is not going to exist, people are starting to Switch to the intrnet for all their entertainment needs. Media Disintermediation is what’s going to kill your company off Charlie; TVs are starting to ship with a ton of integrated Internet apps. Your Time will soon be up

Sorry I have to disagree with your post, Charlie is trying to keep his fees low for his customers, FOX & ABC are playing extortation games to increase their revenue stream, as for TV and internet apps, did you know that Dish has teamed up with Google TV.

If your willing to pay more for your TV subscription and another 80% of subscribers willing to pay more for Dish without any new channels or services then we probably wouldn't be in this mess Charlie would just roll over and pay Fox & ABC the money they want and pass increases onto his customers, problem is not many people want to pay more for their TV services.

Does anyone know what the last up to date talks are ? Are they really talking ? Are the numbers getting closer together? Thanks.

Sorry I have to disagree with your post, Charlie is trying to keep his fees low for his customers, FOX & ABC are playing exhortation games to increase their revenue stream, as for TV and Internet apps, did you know that Dish has teamed up with Google TV.

If your willing to pay more for your TV subscription and another 80% of subscribers willing to pay more for Dish without any new channels or services then we probably wouldn't be in this mess Charlie would just roll over and pay Fox & ABC the money they want and pass increases onto his customers, problem is not many people want to pay more for their TV services.

I completely agree with you, CHIODO. The issue of the source material providers, in this case, Fox, holding all of the distributors hostage for more money has got to be dealt with - PERMANENTLY. FOX needs to be stopped in their tracks for once and for all.

If Charlie has to pull all of the Fox provided content, as well as Disney provided content, to keep his prices low, then so be it.

While digital off-the-air might be harder to receive, especially for those who are out in the boonies, there are alternatives to being held hostage now with the newest being Internet streaming.

NO OFF THE AIR CONTENT PROVIDER SHOULD EVER BE ALLOWED TO CHARGE A DISTRIBUTER IN A MUST-CARRY SITUATION FOR THAT CONTENT.

THOSE WHO WANT SPORTS FEEDS SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING FOR THE HIGH-PRICED FEEDS FOR THOSE SPORTS. THOSE HIGH PRICES ARE DIRECTLY BASED ON WHAT THE TEAMS CAN CHARGE FOR RIGHTS AND THOSE COSTS ARE BASED ON THE EGREGIOUS SALARIES THEY ARE PAYING TO PLAYERS.

IT IS A GAME - IT IS NOT A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION.

We who watch only movies are tired of subsidizing the sports channel fees - and we are not going to do it any longer!

Sorry I have to disagree with your post, Charlie is trying to keep his fees low for his customers, FOX & ABC are playing extortation games to increase their revenue stream, as for TV and internet apps, did you know that Dish has teamed up with Google TV.

yeah, that's what he's saying. i don't believe it for a second. this is all about him trying to keep their pricing structure intact. he can attract more customers and make more $$$ with his top 120 package the way it is.

he's just like a politician. he tells you something that makes you think he's "on your side" but it's really about his back pocket.

Somehow Directv can be competitive with Dish and still keep Fox happy with putting the RSN's in the lowest tier. And they still manage to be more profitable based on quarterly statements. Seems like Directv can compete on cost and still keep the programming that I want. Time to look up the ETF for my Dish account.

For all we know DirecTV could still be offering the Fox channels on a contract that was signed when News Corp. still had controlling interest in DirecTV. (BTW for those uneducated News Corp. is the parent company of FOX) If that is the case for all we know Fox could be giving away the channels to DirecTV currently.