Official How Much Will My Dish Network Bill Go Up Thread (Due to extra hardware fees)

I am going to wait for the DISH website they are putting up on 2/1 to do my before after comparison.

After all, they have simplified the fee structure so much that we now have 3 threads being posted in concurrently with people listing their current package and equipment to try and figure this out.

There is the odd person claiming they understand it all until someone blows a shotgun size hole through their logic leaving everyone completely confused and unsure of what they hell they will be paying next month.

To Scott, please ban the next person that starts another Price Increase thread.

Way to go DISH.

How come they only charge you $57.99 for Gold? That's what they're charging me for silver. But then, your fees are completely different than mine.

FTR, my taxes are $5.76.

Way to simplify things Dish. :rolleyes:

My taxes come out to 5%

Just wanted to see the different prices for the exact same equipment and programming.

At best when this comes out of the wash, I plan to find out for real what I should pay and what I do pay and check on my account much more often.

I don't know why you guys think an addtional HD DVR was only a $7 per month fee
Its $12

Current Fees for Top 100-200-250
HD DVR $12
SD-DVR $10
Solo HD Non dvr $7
Dual HD non dvr $7
All SD Non DVR $5

Americas Everything pack
equipment fees
$7 for HD equipment
$5 for SD equipment

I am not sure why I am paying for silver and Platinum HD that confuses me. If I have things correct this will be my new bill for the same thing:

52.99 Classic Silver 200 With locals and DVR (went down$5.00)?
5.99 DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP)
22.00 HBO and Showtime
10.00 HD service
17.00 Additional Duo DVR Receiver
$ 107.98 total

What Am I missing? Is my bill really going down $5.00 a month? Why I am currently paying two separate HD fees? I am Confused.....
You forgot the New $6 DVR fee.

I'm no longer under contract - haven't been for several months now - but the alternatives aren't great either.

Apparently the cable company around here is real trash - and DirecTV has never really impressed me. If the prices go up enough, I may have to seriously consider a switch.

Let's say the primary is a dual tuner, any kind is doesn't matter. We know the phone line isn't a factor anymore. Is there going to be a charge for the 2nd TV that comes from that receiver? I know the 1st receiver is included, but wouldn't TV2 off the primary receiver be considered additional?

I am going to wait for the DISH website they are putting up on 2/1 to do my before after comparison.

After all, they have simplified the fee structure so much that we now have 3 threads being posted in concurrently with people listing their current package and equipment to try and figure this out.

There is the odd person claiming they understand it all until someone blows a shotgun size hole through their logic leaving everyone completely confused and unsure of what they hell they will be paying next month.

Way to go DISH.

Amazing isn't it:eek:

I asked Scott the other day to post the OFFICIAL CHANGES in a READ ONLY thread, but he may like these multiple 50 pages of confusion threads:rolleyes:

The only thing official is that nothing is OFFICIAL yet;)

My new statement [Jan. 30 to Feb. 28] was just posted and the only change for me is one cent for cinemax! I wonder if that will last the year?
In this case I must get the increase in March!

I have one Vip722 HD DVR. Am I going to be paying more?

Way to go DISH.

Did you look at the retailer chat thread? In it, it explains the new pricing for hardware. Heres link to it: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/199673-retailer-chat-recap-january-14-2010-a.html

If thats too much reading, check out this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/198355-updated-new-dish-pricing-info.html

Scott outlines the new pricing.

If thats still too much reading, follow this breakdown.

Disclaimer! This is not my pricing sheet, but rather what Scott has posted from multiple sources, the last and most important/real, being the retailer chat.

Programming
Programming packages will be going back to the old way of naming packages. Out with the metals, in with Top 120, 200, 250.

DishFAMILY will be $24.99 with locals included
America’s Top 120 will be $39.99 with locals included
America’s Top 120 PLUS will be $44.99 with locals included
America’s Top 200 will be $52.99 with locals included
America’s Top 250 will be $62.99 with locals included
AEP with locals: $99.99

Turbo HD customers will see NO increases either.

"DVR Advantage" packages will go away. Use the guide here to figure out your bill.

Seems pretty basic.

Now the "hard part"
Hardware
1. Determine what receiver models you have, and quantity.

If you only have 1 receiver, the price is included in your basic programming backage price, no matter what model it is
If you have more than 1 box, one receiver will be included in your programming package (most expensive will be free, may need to talk to CSR to re-order your receivers on your account). The additional receivers cost the corresponding amount, per receiver, per month.

Solo (301, 311, 381, 501, 508) $7
HD Solo (211, 211k, 411) $7
Solo DVR (510, 512) $10
HD Solo DVR (612) $10

Duo (322) $14
HD Duo (222, 222k) $14
Duo DVR (522, 625) $17
HD Duo DVR (622, 622HZ, 722, 722k) $17

You pay this price per month regardless of it you own or lease from Dish.

2. Do you have a DVR (or any number from 1- infinity DVRs on your account)?

If yes, add $6 to your account.
If no, do not add $6
No matter how many DVR's you have, its just one $6 fee PER ACCOUNT, NOT PER DVR!

3. Do you have any or all of your receivers plugged in to a phone line or ethernet?

It doesn't matter, you will not see any charge relating to phone line or internet plug in.
If currently being charge $5 per month for this, you can cross that off your bill come Feb 1.
If currently plugged in, you will NOT see a $5 line item added Feb 1

[SIDEBAR]
Just for the record, everyone crying about getting $5 added to their bill come Feb 1, this is not entirely true. It was never a $5 credit to your bill, you just avoided a $5 charge. I do not have home phone service, so I used to pay $5 per month EXTRA. YOU DID NOT GET A $5 CREDIT (INDICATED BY A -$5.00, on your bill before!) Now Dish may be lumping that $5 into the fee for each additional receiver, and the business ethics of this may be argued, you will not see a $5 line item increase!
[SIDEBAR OFF]

DHPP, premiums, HD access + platinum, etc
No change in monthly rate here.
DHPP $5.99
HD + platinum: $10
Premiums, still the same

(edit) Don't forget to add your tax!

Add it all up and see what you get. Thats your new bill

Its pretty basic math, hopefully this little thought process will help people figure it out on their own...

This is just to help you figure out your costs, and to try and get all the info into one post! I dont care what you think about the new pricing stucture. My bill will actually go down $2 per month, with 2 722's

John

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts