Officially LOST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pll is better for the harder to get signals than a regular linear lnb. I use a pll on mine for 87w ku I get at an angle 87 with lpb hd at most 50q.

Shouldn't have to re-scan when changing out an LNB(F). You just change the LNBF L.O. setting in your receiver's satellite setup menu. The Titanium LNBF is 10750, the Avenger model above is 10600/9750 (universal).

A 1m dish should work well, but it will not get ALL the feeds, some are very weak and require 1.2m or larger.

-Might try a string test on your dish, it could be warped a bit messing up the focus?
-Cables (RG6) good quality, condition, no loose connectors etc?

Maybe a picture of your setup...

Reactions: northgeorgia
the main thing is to not get too frustrated with it , enjoy your time outdoors. bring a lawn chair kick back throw the dog a bone enjoy a brew or iced tea under the patio umbrella :) tinker with it a bit and relax :) its my main way of relieving stress , other day i was tweaking the dish and ran across lassie... musta watched 2 episodes lol

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 140
Reactions: . Raine
This is my current LNB : INVACOM QUAD OUTPUT QPH031 LINEAR + CIRCULAR LNB
Ill send pictures later.. My battery on my camera is dead.

I have attempted manually transponder and channel adds. I don't seem to get any signal - For the Florida channel, i get Intensity 45, Quality 10. But, i get 13 channels on this 87 successfully. Also, It is not just DVB-S2 transponders i cannot receive. I checked that after i read your message.

Intensity 45, Quality 10.
Is the 45 normal for your receiver. When properly adjusted, Intensity is usually beyond 80 and Q about 70 at least for my S9. Same for my old Viewsat. Those numbers tell me there is a problem. Most likely a bad coax or connectors or simply not aimed properly.

Or a bad receiver!

Intensity 45, Quality 10.
Is the 45 normal for your receiver. When properly adjusted, Intensity is usually beyond 80 and Q about 70 at least for my S9. Same for my old Viewsat. Those numbers tell me there is a problem. Most likely a bad coax or connectors or simply not aimed properly.

Or a bad receiver!
The 45/10 is just the lowest any transponder shows. I am getting signal intensity of 90 and quality of 70 on my best channels.

If your signal is 45 that means you have a proper LNB connected. 0 = no LNB present, 90 means you have a signal. So nothing is wrong with your receiver. Every chipset has a different way to show this. Almost useless to have it really. Quality as you know is what you need to be looking at. Good to know though, that if you see a 0 on Signal/intensity something is wrong. ;)

If your signal is 45 that means you have a proper LNB connected. 0 = no LNB present, 90 means you have a signal. So nothing is wrong with your receiver. Every chipset has a different way to show this. Almost useless to have it really. Quality as you know is what you need to be looking at. Good to know though, that if you see a 0 on Signal/intensity something is wrong. ;)

Here is an example of total confusion on my part. Galaxy 28 @ 89 degrees is top of ARC for me. that should be the easiest to pull in. Yet, i get a 45/10 on transponder 11787h15915 which hosts BYU TV.

iBoston...I too has struggled with BYU TV........in the two years with this hobby, I've only hit the channel once and it did not stay along to long. Florida Channel has been once of the weakest that currently receive. I was not even getting that until I changed out the LNB...I use a Titanium on 87w. I have a fixed dish with multiple LNB's. 87w is not my center either.

iBoston...I too has struggled with BYU TV........in the two years with this hobby, I've only hit the channel once and it did not stay along to long. Florida Channel has been once of the weakest that currently receive. I was not even getting that until I changed out the LNB...I use a Titanium on 87w. I have a fixed dish with multiple LNB's. 87w is not my center either.

Well, i ordered the Titanium LNB. I'll hold off for that before making any more tweaks.

Well, i ordered the Titanium LNB. I'll hold off for that before making any more tweaks.

I'm guessing you should have it around Tuesday. It went out this morning.

iBoston, I don't think I've heard you state any information about your cable yet. Is it RG-59 or RG-6? And about how long is your cable run to your receiver from the dish?

IBoston....keep tweaking until you get it. you may figure something else out about your setup.....

I don't recall if you mentioned but I understand that the dish is motorized; have you ever had it fixed and able to get the DVB-S2 channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)