OK, Simple question, Best Antenna - Outside and Inside

Silver Sensor looks good, but it is only UHF. So what VHF antenna should I buy to go along with it? Which combiner should I buy to connecte the Silver sensor to a VHF antenna?

At the distances you're talking, it might not matter. Go for the silver sensor, then fool with VHF if need be.

Why should i get the Silver sensor (UHF) when I can get the Terk HDTVi (same antenna design, plus rabbit ears for VHF)(UHF-VHF)?

Are Terks bad?

in a word, yes :)

I shouldn't be so hard, but they tend to have "low value"

That combo one might not be bad, but you can do better for less.

Terk technologies is ONLY well known for the anti-ghosting capabilities of the TV4 and TV5 (amplified) antennas on analog NTSC television I use the HDTVi it works very good for an indoor antenna and can confirm its good for 30 miles the only drawback is if you have a HDTV station on VHF like I do the antenna is kinda big for indoors (the rabbit ears). :)

ok, so disregard getting anything for VHF? It just fells wrong....... I want the best quality i can get, wouldn't I need a separate VHF antenna in the mix?

At that distance, depending on transmitting power, a PAPER CLIP might suffice for VHF. :)

If it comes to it, you're out $20, and can go and get one of the fairly good amplified Radio Shack set-top ones.

UHF antennas work to some extent on higher VHF frequencies.

Terk: Old Indian word meaning good looking expensive junk.

Inside antenna- Silver Sensor to UHF. Rabbit ears, coat hanger or small child to VHF.

Outside antenna- considering where you live, you are lucky. I have the Channel Master StealthTenna 3010 with internal amp on a 5' pole on my roof, and most of my stations are about 15 miles away. You probably don't need the amp. You can look this over here from Stark Electronics or here from Warren Electronics. This antenna appears to be directional, but I can attest that the classification as multidirectional is correct. It is called "Stealth" because it is less noticable- or can be. They used to run ads showing it mounted below the eaves so as to be less noticable to neighbors. It certainly is not as large as some others.

cool, thanks for the info.

How do I combine the rabbit ears and the silver sensor? Any suggestions?

Can you plug a pre-amp into the outgoing side of a combiner to provide pre-amp power for both antennas (Silver Sensor and rabbit ears)? then just run a coax to the digital antenna coax input on the HD reciever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts