OK, where'd the locals go???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cr0mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
New Orleans, LA
Here in New Orleans about 30 minutes ago I lost my local channels. It wasn't a 'clean cut' either. What started to look like rain fade went to the old 'searching for signal screen on all of my receivers.

Did somebody spill coffee on the controls at D*? Or does this have something to do with the other recent glitches.

BTW all of the other channels seem fine.

If anyone is seeing similar issues, please let me know.

I am missing my locals too. Nearly all odd transponders are gone off of 119. (Directv) Green Bay, WI
The same thing happend to me. Started to break up and then went totally out.

Greg

11 minutes on hold and the picture is coming back.. Glitch fixed long before anyone picked up my call.

Problem fixed itself.

Hey, this could be fun.... Pensacola, New Orleans... It's not like we need to watch the weather forecasts right now....

Pensacola and New orleans could be on the same spot beam but wisconsin too... I don't know what's going on.

Hey, this could be fun.... Pensacola, New Orleans... It's not like we need to watch the weather forecasts right now....
Yea hope it doesn't grow to much. Its been nice here in the Tampa area. Lots of clouds with off and on rain that is needed. And a VERY NICE drop in tempature that is well needed also. Along with a very nice breeze.

Oh, I completely agree! After one extremely hot summer the breeze along with our cold front feels great. We could also use a little rain, but if we get too much there are a lot of people here rebuilding their homes and businesses that could find themselves in a heap of trouble.

Yup, out again here in Green Bay, Wi. All odd transponders on 119 except 27. Of course one or two I might not of gotten earlier.
Greg

I assume we are talking SD locals since you mention 119.

New Orleans locals are on 119 - TP 23
Pensacola locals are on 119 - TP 31

I can't see the FL beam from here but the signal on the NO beam looks horrible.

EDIT: Watched the signal climb from 50% to a screaming 120% over here. Looks like it is back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)