OK, where'd the locals go???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Strange.... I called into the automated line, and the locals came back on. Must be a coincidence. I certainly don't have that much faith in the automated tech support.

I assume we are talking SD locals since you mention 119.

New Orleans locals are on 119 - TP 23
Pensacola locals are on 119 - TP 31

I can't see the FL beam from here but the signal on the NO beam looks horrible.

Yep.. The SD are the ones I'm talking about. They're back now, but this is the third time in about 1 hour. What gives?

Yep.. The SD are the ones I'm talking about. They're back now, but this is the third time in about 1 hour. What gives?

Not sure.. it's a hot signal now. 134% on my scale here now. One of the highest satellite signals I've seen period.

Pensacola and Mobile on same DMA/Spot. It dropped out a couple of times. 119 Sat was still hot with 100's and 99's here except for our Spot. Had to be something on D*'s end.. Who knows..

It looks like 119 lost all its spots for awhile, but did not lose its CONUS beams.

Now the $1,000,000 question:

Was this glitch in any way related to the problems they've been having getting the HD channels going at 103(b). ;)

I highly doubt it, they really weren't lost most of the time. I had a lock on the New Orleans one with a 90cm dish at only 40% quality when you guys said it was gone. I watched it slowly rise up from 40% to 138%, granted my scale isn't the same as yours but you get the drift.

Remember, if the transponders went to ZERO, then it wasn't an uplink problem, but a satellite problem.

Remember, if the transponders went to ZERO, then it wasn't an uplink problem, but a satellite problem.

Not true. If there's no signal for the bent pipe to send, there will be no signal quality for the meter to register. If you had a signal power meter then you would still see the "empty" signal but this isn't how the quality based meters work on the receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts