Old BUD system - New FTA receiver - sat positioner question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FranO

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
I upgraded my old BUD system with a new Fortec Star digital receiver. I presently use my old G.I. 2400 (analog receiver)/G.I. 2000 PS (positioner) to direct my antenna position. My new receiver already has the different satellites programed into its memory, with arc locations. Can this new receiver direct my current positioner properly to satellites, or do I need to replace my current positioner, and if so, with what?

Thanks for the quick reply. Two more questions: Is the changeout from my old 2400 to a G-box or V-box relatively simple to perform? Once done, should my Fortec Star receiver then be able to automatically direct the positioning of my dish from sat to sat?

Pretty straight forward. Move the motor/sensor wires to the V-Box. Will then have to program the positions manually, From there it's automatic.
Should also then change out your feed horn/LNB as the Fortec cannot operate the servo(?). You'll need a LNBF where the polarity is selected by the FTA box by switching the LNB voltage. (H= 18vdc, V=13vdc)

Thanks Fat Air I absent mindedly left that out. Yes you will need to upgrade your LNB and Feed horn, to a modern voltage controlled LNBF.

Thanks fellas. Do you know any sat guys in the south/central Pa. area who could help me if needed?

Don't know, off hand, if there's someone on the board near you but we're just a keyboard and click away. Mostly DIY with some talkin' thru if befuddled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)