On Family Pack...but getting most channels....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tj218

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
New England
So I am on the Family Pack, have been on it for the last year. I called to get Showtime last week, yesterday I hit the wrong numbers to change the channel and found I am getting ALL of the 200s + 300s I checked for Histroy International, Military, F/X, Comedy, MTV, etc. I checked my package on DTV's website and it still says Family Pack.

Does anyone know of any trials going on or did the CSR mess up somehow?

They are running a free preview of the Choice Extra package right now. That probably explains it. I suspect that those channels you mentioned will be gone next week.

it's more than choice extra. I'm getting all the channels in choice ultimate as well.

it's more than choice extra. I'm getting all the channels in choice ultimate as well.

At the other site it has been speculated that who ever activated the channels activated the grandfathered Choice Extra instead of the updated version.

OP Could you check if you are receiving Cloo channel 308? or any encores 535-542, msg 634, msg+ 635, root sports 659, sny 639, Sonic 815, Sonic 881, Sonictmc 884, Sundance 558, tmc-e 554, tmc-w 555, YES 631. Any or all of the above specifically, and post back?

OP Could you check if you are receiving Cloo channel 308? or any encores 535-542, msg 634, msg+ 635, root sports 659, sny 639, Sonic 815, Sonic 881, Sonictmc 884, Sundance 558, tmc-e 554, tmc-w 555, YES 631. Any or all of the above specifically, and post back?

For some reason I couldnt edit my last post, but as per http://www.freepreview.tv/choice-xtra/directv-free-preview-of-choice-xtra-3.html we are just ending in a free preview of choice extra, as of 4am EST I can report that the channels are still active, 6am is usually the cut off,we'll see what happens. when you get a chance, if you can test the few channels i posted.

As of this morning, access to all those channels are gone, back to the Family Pack channels. <sigh>

Yep, they dropped at 6am est. The free preview was for the old choice extra i think. Not the current one, I had a client drop to entertainment last week and called me stating they still had all but the channels i listed from choice ultimate as of 5am. Confirmed channels dropped at 6.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts