Only recieving local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmmucha

Original poster
Jun 23, 2005
for about a few weeks now, I have been having trouble with receiving channels. One day I woke up and all the channels were pixiled and then went to black screen and a message of searching for satellite was there. I have tried to reset the receivers and still no luck. However I now am receiving local channels with no problem. This is happening on both my receivers. Let me know what you all think or if you have any suggestions. Thanks

It could be (but not limited to) your access cards may need to be rehit, call customer support, it could also be dirty contacts (however all of them getting dirty at same time is unlikely). I suspect they just need to be rehit. Or it could be the LNB or switch.

dishjockey said:
Trees in the los
Agree something is probably in line of site of dish. Has same problem with my daughter's house. Her locals are on tranponder 12 of 101 and when you check signal strenght 12 was higher than most of rest of tranponders(about 80). When I cut the tree branches off they all jumped above 90.

dmmucha said:
for about a few weeks now, I have been having trouble with receiving channels. One day I woke up and all the channels were pixiled and then went to black screen and a message of searching for satellite was there. I have tried to reset the receivers and still no luck. However I now am receiving local channels with no problem. This is happening on both my receivers. Let me know what you all think or if you have any suggestions. Thanks
What do you have for a setup? Is it a single Dish or 2 Dishes or a Phase 3 dish? What are you getting for signal strengths? :)

Could be a bunch of things from bad cables/connectors to blocked LOS or even your dish may need to be repointed. Start with the easiest things to check and solve, like are there tree limbs in the dish's path? Has your dish been bumped out of allignment? Do you have any loose connections between the dish and the reciever?
Do you know of anyone with a reciever that you can borrow to try and determine that you don't have any reciever issues? I know the odds of both recievers being bad at once are slim, but you never know.

Good luck! :)

Sounds like line of sight. The locals arespot beamed to your area and therefore your will generally lose them last or have the highest signal onthem. I would guess either trees growing/blooming in summer, could also be the dish was not tightenedor aimed correctly. Bottom line is it sounds like an installation issue. Most install companies have to warranty install for 90 days minimum. I would call them and if you get no help call the retailer or directv and see what you can make happen. DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!

I thought about realignment and that is all good, there are trees near the area, but not in the LOS. and for whatever reason, tonight I am getting more channels, not all but a lot more

if you're only getting your locals then i am assuming you live in a 119 local area, hey usually get better reception than the 101, check transponders 1 and 2 on the 101 signal meter and then if you do get the 119 (if you have an OVAL3 dish) check the signals for 26 and 27, all signals need to be 70 or above to revent pixelization.

also just to let you know there are about 6 ghost transponders that either get high signal or no signal, the general consensus needs to be 70 or above, just because one transponder is high means nothing, transponders transmit certain channels so all need to be coming in except for the ghost transponders to get all of your channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Half Channels Have No Signal

i need a little help with az. and elev. of 72.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)