Openbox Blind scan problems, misses channels? HOW THIS BE FIXED?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

odinbear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
central NY
This happens on several Sats, for example Lyngsat says 131 AMC11 is supposed to have (marked w/F) The CW and Boston Catholic, Blind Scan with the OPENBOX doesn't grab either. Same sat my DSR-922 sees C-Span on Channel 7 (doesn't show in blind scan either). Running 87% signal intesity 75% Signal Quality on this sat

Same thing with g13/H1 , Lyngsat says BBC World , Disney?? East both FTA, but blind scn only gets Bethel TV and an India based station. Running 87% signal intesity 74-75% Signal Quality on this sat, too

Is lyngsat wrong?
Where's the tuning knob?

ok...calm down :) Nothing needs to be fixed.

The openbox is a DVB receiver. It can get DVB & DVB-S2
on 131 those 2 channels you listed (CW & Catholic) are Digicipher II which is a totally different modulation (think VHS & Beta). The 4DTV will pick them up because the 4DTV can do Digicipher II
As for C-Span that is analog and only an analog receiver (or a 4DTV which has analog built in) can pick those up.

On 127W unless they are in that light yellow color they are scrambled. Note only Bethel TV and a couple others are in the clear.

Also note Lyngsat can be wrong since they are based in Europe. Thelist (above) has what C-Band DVB is out there. I am the one who does the C-Band side updates

I'm Calm. Caps probably shouldn't 'ave been used. I thought the F on lyngsat meant FTA? and if it does, does this mean the dsr922 (which is DCII, right) will some how receive those channels?

. I thought the F on lyngsat meant FTA?
yes and no. You have to look at the 1st line of the transponder to see if its DVB or Digicipher II. In these cases they are DCII so the 4DTV can receive them. See attached thumbnail

now as for receiving those 2.....Catholic you should get. See the pic below. When looking at free or scrambled channels if there is a red number to the right that is the 4DTV channel. SO for Boston Catholic, you tune to 680. Now with the whole 4DTV thing going on right now I cant guarantee it is still there

As for the other, since there is no number it is not mapped in the 4DTV. This is where generics come into play. Here is a recent thread on how to get channels using generics (complete with links)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-discussion/238979-generics.html

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 261
Thanks. I was reading that thread the other day. (thinking, damn.. Had this dsr922 for years and didn't know these things)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Free to Good Home - Stab HH90 NEW OEM Motherboard

pansat 9200 hd recording help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts