Status
Please reply by conversation.

earlief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
texas
Hi guys

I recorded a few shows : The Green Hornet marathon' with the openbox, I downloaded the files to my NAS, I can not view/replay it in the current the format, what program are we using to convert it. I went to openbox..us and no support, unless it was bought from them, which is definitely their right.

Thanks

Convert the dvr file to TS with Ariva_TS_Tool.exe
www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/func-showdown/680/

The attached program (yes, it's from a different company's version of the receiver, but it'll work) will convert the .dvr files (which are not the same as Microsoft's .dvr files) to .ts files. The .ts files can be played as-is by Windows Media Player in Windows 7, or by VLC (free, VideoLAN - VLC: Free streaming and multimedia solutions for all OS!) on anything else.

You should run the program with the Openbox's drive connected to your computer, NOT just on a copy of the .dvr file in another location, so it can identify the files properly using the same index method as the Openbox does.

Attachments

• A200_Ariva_TS_Tool.zip
    352 KB · Views: 420
Also I found out last week if you want to record and burn to a dvd... the only program I found that works, and syncs the audio and video is convertXtodvd. It works with the HD stuff as well. Every other program I tried had issues especially syncing the audio and video together correctly. Blind

Hi guys

I recorded a few shows : The Green Hornet marathon' with the openbox, I downloaded the files to my NAS, I can not view/replay it in the current the format, what program are we using to convert it. I went to openbox..us and no support, unless it was bought from them, which is definitely their right.

Thanks

Here is another conversion tool: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W4Y1374E

Openbox.us does not have anything that is not available here or at other places on the internet. It is all sales hype. GregH

The attached program (yes, it's from a different company's version of the receiver, but it'll work) will convert the .dvr files (which are not the same as Microsoft's .dvr files) to .ts files. The .ts files can be played as-is by Windows Media Player in Windows 7, or by VLC (free, VideoLAN - VLC: Free streaming and multimedia solutions for all OS!) on anything else.

You should run the program with the Openbox's drive connected to your computer, NOT just on a copy of the .dvr file in another location, so it can identify the files properly using the same index method as the Openbox does.

Thank You for uploading file:)

As long as you copy an entire program folder from the PVRSS2 folder to another location and point the TS Tool program to the program folder, it will see the program within. The receiver will only see programs in a PVRSS2 folder, but the TS Tool will see them anywhere.

after converting to .ts u can use dvdflick to further convert to dvd to play anywhere on any dvdplayer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

So how many hams view this forum??

Wiring Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)