Openbox s9 Firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, it is a shame that they don't fix the PID, clock and stuff. I've looked all over and I see no release notes either. Saduon seems to be able to get the goods sometimes. The Ethernet could be used for something...I mean...it is there....Put a browser in it....then you could bring up titan TV guide!

It's a shame that firmware from other Ali receivers that are virtually identical hardware EXCEPT for the anti-cloning measures can't be loaded! In particular, I'd love to have the new version of the Ariva A200 firmware, which has a media player that actually plays modern media types.

Beats the heck out of me. I've never seen it listed at a U.S. dealer, and I'm not going to order anything from overseas.

Is that receiver available for North America?

The only site I knew of that markets Ferguson is intactus.de. I've been using my Ariva 100 for well over a year now with very few problems. These have the 250V plug & require an adapter transformer(Ratshack).

Last edited:
Oh, this gets better and better... I just explored some more of Yojia's site, and they're STILL committing the FRAUD of saying that the Openbox is a Dreambox HD workalike!

wow, the openbox is no where near a dm800 replacement. like not even close.

Thats like saying the Hyundai Genesis is the Mercedes C300 replacement. Completely different league

For those of us that don't keep up with this receiver, can I ask what the major issues are with the current firmware?

480i composite output is tinted green. Yes, this is a firmware issue, because it didn't work that way with old firmware, but the old firmware has other problems which make it non-desirable.

Clock is reset when coming out of standby, rendering it useless for multiple recording timers unless each and every transponder you want to record from carries the correct time. (Some don't carry any time at all, others carry their local time instead of GMT.)

Some HD channels fail to record, even though they appear to be recording.

I think that's about it. There are other things that are probably hardware limitations (no 4:2:2, trouble with very-high-bitrate channels, failure to detect very-low-symbol-rate channels -- although this last one I suspect MIGHT be fixable by increasing the settling time after the local oscillator is programmed before deciding that it hasn't locked.)

Then there are things that are just annoying, such as the fact that the media player only shows pictures and plays mp3 files, no modern formats.

And things that we wish could be done, such as accessing the hard drive over a network.

The REC icon when recording....Clock on front display, manual PID entry, TS recording, and it needs to give us more info like DVB S2 etc (the kind us sat junkies just wanna know). Over all a very nice receiver.

Oh yea, Jim is right...use that network connection for something....I mean fetch the correct time...do something with it!

It still gets me that after all this "rocket science" the satellites don't ALL have the correct time sent down.

The REC icon when recording....Clock on front display, manual PID entry, TS recording, and it needs to give us more info like DVB S2 etc (the kind us sat junkies just wanna know). Over all a very nice receiver.

Oh yea, Jim is right...use that network connection for something....I mean fetch the correct time...do something with it!

It still gets me that after all this "rocket science" the satellites don't ALL have the correct time sent down.

However, at the price, it's the best bargain you can find.
:)

Is the latest firmware version - HDS2-10-11-08:1026cm?
Thanks.

I think so, it is what I use and works good. It does not have the option to scan just H or V....But you can scan a single transponder if you are looking for a channel you heard about. There is an older one without the green problem but it has other problems from what I understand.

This is why we're all waiting on a cross breed...No green, H/V scanning and other options and a few bug fixes. But for the money it does a fine job!

There are sites that openly support the OpenboxS9 receiver. The FREE information they have cannot be beat.
Here is a ABS file with the CW channels in it. Maybe this will help you get started.
This file has been tested, but with all files, load at your own risk. GregH

Note;This file contains an improved sat file with custom boot/background images
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

That link is dead now .Do you have another plz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

multi-tuner dvb-s2 cards

The "Buy This Satellite" campaign

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts