OTA Adapter

You only need one, as the Hopper will only accept one. The OTA channels will then be available at all TV locations with Hoppers and/or Joeys.
I think it is also important to say that you can only watch one OTA channel at a time on any or all Hoppers any Joeys. So, if you are watching OTA channel 2 on a Hopper or Joey that is the only channel that can be viewed from any location at any given time. You can't watch channel 2 on a Hopper and channel 3 on a Joey at the same time.

Reactions: DWS44 and Tampa8
This is purely and categorically incorrect. The USB dongle is the tuner, not the Hopper. To support ATSC 3.0 will require a new dongle for sure. Theoretically it is possible that the Hopper (or at least the Hopper 3 since it has USB 3) could support ATSC 3.0, with the required dongle, with just a software update. There is no OTA tuning hardware within the Hopper itself.
My mistake. I had assumed the USB dongle was just an adaptor and the tuner was in the Hopper.

Reactions: Bobby
Looking on ebay where there are now some of these dual tuner OTA adapters available, there seem to be two model numbers. 212-553 and 610-001. Some listings show 610-001 in a package that only mentions Wally while other listings say it works on both Hopper and Wally.

Is there a difference other than one coming in retail packaging and the other not?