OTA antenna installer in Sherman Tx area

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I need to get antenna installed and hooked to my 722 dish reciever. Does anybody know of anyone in the Sherman Tx area that does this? I am hoping it can just be installed on roof.

Hi Brian, Did you ever find an installer ? I live in Garland and installed my own 31 inch dish with motor drive. Maybe I can help answer questions ? C Ya, Doug

I am just looking to get kxii and kten. Only Dallas station I would want is ABC since I cant get it from dish and from what I been told it is hard to bring in. I almost bought the RCA ant806 yesterday but decided against it. I am looking at the AntennaCraft CCS1233 now. It would be nice to just get an inside antenna but I do not think I would be able to get kten with one. I dont want to mess with a rotor.

Ok now I have to do something. Lost kten today.

Last edited:
Deep fringe situation is better served by using seperate UHF and VHF antennas.

Recommend Antennas Direct 91XG with a Winegard YA-1713 combined by a CM7777 pre-amp.

I would try an indoor first. Get one at Wal-Mart and return it if it doesn't work. I could get KXII from Pontotoc with some old rabbit ears before mounting a new antenna on our ranch house. I think you can probably get KTEN from Sherman with a indoor unless you are down in a valley or something. Their new transmitter at Madill is pretty strong. Also if you can get KXII then you should get KTEN as their transmitters are located next to each other in Madill.

I tried some inside antenna in the $40 range. No luck. No one in town has any outside antenna's. With dish dropping kten they have been selling like hot cakes. Going to order one off internet today.

I have a question about locals with Dish Network in the Texoma region: I understand you can get the KXII and KTEN stations OTA (including Fox, CW). What about ABC and PBS? Can you get those through the dish from Dallas or OKC? I know there are no local affiliates for them. Thanks.

The only locals availible through dish in the Texoma region are KXII, Fox, PBS and untill recently KTEN. I had to install an antenna to get back KTEN. ABC out of Dallas used to be availible but now no ABC through Dish, you have to go through the distant network programming but you can only choose from Abc from Los Angeles or Atlanta and neither one of those are very apealing to Sooner fans :D

The only locals availible through dish in the Texoma region are KXII, Fox, PBS and untill recently KTEN. I had to install an antenna to get back KTEN. ABC out of Dallas used to be availible but now no ABC through Dish, you have to go through the distant network programming but you can only choose from Abc from Los Angeles or Atlanta and neither one of those are very apealing to Sooner fans :D

Maybe someone can help me thats from my area, I receive KTEN OTA and all is digital channels 10.1 10.2 and 10.3, but no digital from KXII (CBS). the tower is only about 12 to 15 miles further away than the KTEN tower from my house. I receive channel 12 via OTA. Is it VHF, I think i've read that it might be, if so how chould I get their digital stations. I'm not quite sure what type of antenna I have, I bought it used from my father. Any info about it would be appreciated. I'm running about 100 or so feet of coax from the antenna to my 211 with no splitters. Do I need and amp or pre-amp. Sorry i'm pretty much a nOOb at most of this stuff.:confused: Thanks again for any info!!:)

not from your area but i use this 1
AntennaCraft D9000 Discovery Deep Fringe VHF / UHF / FM HD TV Antenna Outdoor 91 Element Off-Air Local High Definition Digital Signal HDTV
havent heard it mentioned in really any antenna threads here
im only at most 18 miles from the towers inmy area then a crap channel is about 45-60 miles away
i get all channels
signals levels off dish vip 622
crap channel 45-60 miles out 78percent
rest of near by channels 98+
no preamp
split many times

when i first got this antenna i thought maybe ill get eau claire wi rochester mn duluth mn PIPE DREAM
but in fact i get none of those and gave up
when antenna was first put up 2 years ago didnt tweak and peak just replaced existing old brokem elements antenna
im in the msp dma

hope this helps

Last edited:
KTEN is currently and will remain on UHF digital channel 26. KXII is currently on UHF digital channel 20 but will be moving back to VHF digital channel 12 for their final digital channel assignment once the analog shut off occurs.

If you want ABC in the TEXOMA area with Dish you have to go thru All American Direct and get ABC from San Francisco and Atlanta or "move" your service address to OKC or Dallas.

:DI just unhooked my antenna from my VIP211 and scanned for local channels using my tvs tuner and im picking up channels FOX 4 from Dallas ABC channel 8 from Dallas , and NBC ch 5 in Dallas all of those are almost clear enough to watch. It also picked up 6.1 and 6.2 KTAL from Shreveport although they both say no signal. Also KXII-DT 12.1 12.2 12.3 are now being received. I guess this digital transition may be better than I thought.:up By the way I live 150 miles from Dallas. Does anyone think this is a blessing or could it just be the weather?:p

Both! I can get Dallas at night from our ranch near Pontotoc. Tulsa and OKC too, but of course nothing when I really want to see something on those channels, which is why we use my business address in Broken Arrow for the receivers down there.

Both! I can get Dallas at night from our ranch near Pontotoc. Tulsa and OKC too, but of course nothing when I really want to see something on those channels, which is why we use my business address in Broken Arrow for the receivers down there.
How can you use a different service address from which the satellite is physically located? Are you saying you can give a different address and receive local affiliates you normally would not receive?

It is called "moving". Some approve of it and some don't. I don't have a problem with it. If you are in the spotbeam for that particular locals then yes. I have my personal account with my address in Tulsa/BA and I have another account for my mother that I use my companies mailing address. Pontotoc is in the spot beam for Tulsa, OKC and used to be in the Dallas ( don't know if it still is). She gets the Tulsa locals instead of the crappy Ada/Sherman. This way she can get ABC too, and gets news and weather from up here as she travels back and forth a lot to see grandkids.

I had this set up this way long before Dish started offering the two Ada locals. Her neighbor gets OKC locals down there by using her kids address from OKC as her service address and keeping her PO Box as her billing address.

So what do you use for ABC? I know someone who used Dallas' WFAA in the Texoma region but that was several years ago. So that is no longer an option?

ABC is not available via Dish in that market. You have to go thru All American direct to get ABC from Atlanta and San Francisco in SD on Dish equipment. Dish can not legally offer out of market channels now due to court decision.

If you have Direct or Cable you can still get ABC. Direct offers the national feed from NY and most of the cable systems offer ABC from OKC or Dallas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts