OTA CW HD problem

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 10, 2008
I have an over the air antenna. I live in Sherman Tx. The CW from KTEN comes in HD over the antenna going straight to the tv. The Tv is set to 16:9 with no zoom. I bought a usb module for the hopper. CW is coming in standard through the dish. What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure the CW is HD from antenna to TV? I have a ranch at Pontotoc, it's been over a year since I was down there, but the last time I actually watched KTEN, The CW was 480i 4x3 on 10.2 and ABC and NBC were "HD" on 10.1 and 10.3

Are you sure the CW is HD from antenna to TV? I have a ranch at Pontotoc, it's been over a year since I was down there, but the last time I actually watched KTEN, The CW was 480i 4x3 on 10.2 and ABC and NBC were "HD" on 10.1 and 10.3
I believe you hit the nail on the head. With three subchannels I don't think all three can be in HD

Many people believe that if their picture from a tv station happens to come in as 16x9, that automatically means it MUST be HD. They would be wrong. My father is one of these, and I can't convince him he's wrong no matter what. It could be the station is broadcasting SD as 16x9, or maybe their tv set just has the aspect ratio set wrong. Many CW stations are still broadcasting SD video.

Here you go, KTEN Cw is standard definition 480i 4:3 native: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTEN

Channel----Video----Aspect---PSIP Short Name----Programming
10.1-------- 1080i----16:9------KTENNBC-------------Main KTEN programming / NBC
10.2---------480i------4:3-------KTEN-CW-------------Texoma CW
10.3---------720p-----16:9------KTENABC-------------ABC Texoma

Strange that it would be full screen when hooked straight to the Tv. Guess I will try pointing to Dallas. Also the local cable carries it in HD.

Got this email from kten

Brian

While NBC and ABC are in HD The CW is not. It is in standard.

Anthony Maisel
General Manager
KTEN Media

Strange that it would be full screen when hooked straight to the Tv. Guess I will try pointing to Dallas. Also the local cable carries it in HD.
Dallas CW broadcasts on channel 32 and has a good signal 10 mi. south of Sherman but I think you will find it is also SD.

As luck would have it its HD. I bought this antenna for $25 and put it 10' above roof. Getting 73 on signal. Receiving 50 channels on it. Just not channel 8 which I could not get on big antenna either. CW is one of my favorite channels. Be nice not to have to use computer to watch now.

Amazon product ASIN B0092ZJ104

Dallas CW broadcasts on channel 32 and has a good signal 10 mi. south of Sherman but I think you will find it is also SD.
actually, KDAF CW 33, the Dallas area CW station is indeed in HD and I think you might get it if your antenna is strong enough to pick it up and is pointed down south.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)