OTA Module Failure?

satinsticksguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Started watching an OTA channel this morning, and everything was fine. After about a half hour, I suddenly got the "The offair signal has been lost" screen (Error 739). After waiting a few minutes thinking it may be a glitch with the station, still no signal. I then tried other stations (no joy) and checked the antenna connections and found no problems. I then switched the input on the TV to the antenna input and had a good signal there. The antenna signal is split behind the TV to go to the TV and to the OTA module on the Hopper. I've had the Hopper 2000 and OTA module since January of this year. Has my OTA module gone bad or is there something else I can try before I contact Dish? Thanks for any suggestions.

rglore, thanks for the response. After the panic had subsided, I tried exactly what you suggested, and things are back to normal. I switched the USB ports which forced a reboot, and everything is working again.

I have found that, sometimes, the OTA module loses itself. I simply unplug the USB connector and plug it back in and the Hopper reboots and all is well....

In the early days of the Hopper's ota module, this was a reported problem. With later software updates the problem went away. Just try doing a plug reboot next time.

The same problem happened to me just this past week. Unplugged and replugged the OTA module, the Hopper rebooted and all started working again. I don't recall if all the OTA channels were back so did a rescan just to be safe.

I see no reason to do a hard boot when re-establishing the OTA Module causes a soft boot to do the same thing....

I see no reason to do a hard boot when re-establishing the OTA Module causes a soft boot to do the same thing....
My hopper lost the OTA module again today. Did a red button reset and it came back after the reboot. All the scanned channels were still there so didn't have to do a rescan. This is the second time it has happened. If it happens again I'll move the module to my other hopper.

For some reason this happens to everybody occasionally. Sometimes if you leave everything alone it comes back on its own the next day....

Just wait your time will come. After all it is DISH equipment.

Ahh baloney. I don't believe their equip is no less reliable than anyone else's. You just here about it a lot here, because that what HERE is for. I've had no problem with two to three receivers in over 4 years.

There was an issue like this when the OTA module was first released which was corrected with a software update S238 maybe? I have the original Hopper.

Just wait your time will come. After all it is DISH equipment.

It's Dish equipment and the best baby. I've had cable,directv and was with dish for 10 years before switching to directv. Nothing better out there. If you're looking for perfection you'll never find it my friend.

You and Claude are like two peas in a pod... :D
Yes we are both exDISH dealers that got shafted. I paid cash for my present car courtesy of a class action lawsuit but it took years for the court to make it's decision. I go back to Echosphere Corp. before DISH existed, Charlie even asked my opinion before he created DISH.

Yes we are both exDISH dealers that got shafted.
Ever heard the saying "two wrongs don't make a right"? No one listens to the unwarranted complaints you to make - everyone knows you two are just bitter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)