OTA okay, Sat signal down

Pablo

Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
We had a nasty ice/snow storm about a week ago, and now things are starting to melt. Sat and OTA signals have been okay throughout, but today we started losing Sat signals. As of this evening, all Sat channels are gone but OTA is still okay. Tried rebooting the box, but the real problem is that the Sat signal level is in the 20s (normally in the 90s). Does it make sense that melting ice/snow are interfering when everything was fine when all was frozen?

Thanks

I lost mine on Xmas day. Box is shot. All I can get is the VOOM opening screen and "Please Wait". They won't even come out until next Tuesday. This will be my 4th box. I swear I didn't do anything?

Pablo said:
Does it make sense that melting ice/snow are interfering when everything was fine when all was frozen?
Look at your dish. You probably have icicles on the LNB or on the dish itself. As soon as they melt, it should come back.

I had 12-inches of snow here in Va and my sat channels went out due to snow and ice on the dish and lnb. You can go to the dish and clear it off and it should be back up and running. I justed waited for the snow to melt, so I was only down one day because I didn't have a ladder tall enough to get to the dish.

Maybe the melting snow is causing a short in one or more of the cable connections. We lost some of our OTAs here due to shorting in the cable coming off of the OTA antenna. Service call fixed the problem.

Yep, still watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

Virgin Poster W/?

Voom box has what looks like a dead pixel....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)