ota signal black screen

donjoy44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
had black screen again on ota channels no scheduled otas recorded i have done all things suggested here ota usb lies flat, only channels with solid signals are selected We had dish tech to our home 2days ago but ota were functioning well then you never know when the black screen will appear reboot brings them back but if away for the day or weekend you cant rely on it to do ota recordings we never had this problem with 722 or 922 are we alone with this problem

This has become a daily problem for me. Black screen suddenly appears while watching OTA station. Takes six min. to reboot. Very frustrating!!!!!!!

This happens to me every few days. I've eliminated all channels with less than 100% signal already and although it happens less often, it still happens way too much. Very frustrating given that it never happened on the 722.

I have had less black screens than I used to. I haven't missed any ota recordings in a while,except if I try to tune to the ota station within 5 minutes of the timer kicking in to record a show on that ota station. Then I sometimes get a blackscreen that requires a reboot to get the station back up and running. It is mildly irritating , but it isn't so bad I can't rely on the ota tuner .

Every time you rescan your ota channels , you will have to re-create all your timers again,because the old timers won't work anymore. This is different than the Vip series with the ota module.

Every time you rescan your ota channels , you will have to re-create all your timers again,because the old timers won't work anymore. This is different than the Vip series with the ota module.

That is why it's better to do a reset or reboot. Timers are not lost.
I'm waiting for the upgrade that allows you to do a manual look up of ota stations. That option still says "Coming Soon"

That is why it's better to do a reset or reboot. Timers are not lost.
I'm waiting for the upgrade that allows you to do a manual look up of ota stations. That option still says "Coming Soon"

Same here. I used that ability to select certain stations and to not select others. For example I have two ota stations showing the same channel, but one is weaker signal and serves a different area further away. I can select just the higher strength station without getting the weaker station too. Like the vip series does.

luckily with PTAT, I do not record anything off the OTA channels. I just use them for my live TV viewing.
The constant black screens make it too unreliable to record off these channels.
Just lucky that I never record anything from the CW or MeTV or I would really be pissed.
If Dish ever gets this fixed I may feel safe to finally set some timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)