Other Opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SactoCal said:
Huh, better get your shiznit calibrated or something. My PQ is outstanding. Wait, why am I even responding. Anyone who prefers Dish PQ is VoOm PQ must be ready for a new prescription anyway. :p
Im just guessing but I bet Darrel's "shiznit" dwarfs yours. LOL

vurbano said:
Im just guessing but I bet Darrel's "shiznit" dwarfs yours. LOL

You are probably right, my little 50" Elite PRO-1110HD is not monsterous by any means, but it is quality.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just for vurbano VOOM is going to put up a new screen on March 31st...

"VOOM WILL CEASE OPERATIONS ON MARCH 31st"

On April 1st, vurbano will run to his TV with a smile on his face in hopes to see VOOM dead, instead he wakes up to see the following screen...

"VOOM WILL CEASE OPERATIONS ON MARCH 31st...

APRIL FOOLS - VOOM IS HERE TO STAY!" :D :D
Alternate scenario:

VOOM's web site is going to put up a new screen on March 31st...

"VOOM WILL RELEASE IT'S LONG AWAITED HD DVR ON MARCH 31st"

On April 1st, running to the VOOM web site to order the DVR, Scott wakes up to see the following screen...

"VOOM WILL RELEASE IT'S LONG AWAITED HD DVR ON MARCH 31st..."

APRIL FOOLS - CHUCK DOLAN BAILED, HOPING TO SAVE SOME OF HIS FORTUNE. VOOM IS DEAD IN TWO WEEKS" :D :D

Originally Posted by vurbano
<<Yes unless they get off their asses Voom will be shut off on 3/31/05. There are no provisions for service on 4/1/05 and customers will be left without any service waiting 3-4 weeks for another provider to install.>>

Let me see if I have this right. Your position is Voom is doomed? Ok. Got it.

Jamey K said:
Originally Posted by vurbano
<<Yes unless they get off their asses Voom will be shut off on 3/31/05. There are no provisions for service on 4/1/05 and customers will be left without any service waiting 3-4 weeks for another provider to install.>>

Let me see if I have this right. Your position is Voom is doomed? Ok. Got it.

They are doomed if they dont get a deal done:rolleyes: U N D E R S T A N D ? (i spelled it very slowly for you)

This Agreement shall terminate at 5:00 P.M. New York
City time on March 31, 2005. Dolan shall have the
right to terminate this Agreement at any earlier
time. Upon any termination (i) any cash or Funding
Shares not previously cancelled, other than
Segregated Cash or Segregated Shares, shall be
returned to Dolan, and (ii) the shutdown of Rainbow
DBS shall be implemented immediately.

vurbano said:
They are doomed if they dont get a deal done:rolleyes: U N D E R S T A N D ? (i spelled it very slowly for you)

This Agreement shall terminate at 5:00 P.M. New York
City time on March 31, 2005. Dolan shall have the
right to terminate this Agreement at any earlier
time. Upon any termination (i) any cash or Funding
Shares not previously cancelled, other than
Segregated Cash or Segregated Shares, shall be
returned to Dolan, and (ii) the shutdown of Rainbow
DBS shall be implemented immediately.

You really think Dolan is risking millions of dollars on the premises that there might be a deal. There will be a deal and Voom will live. U N D E R S T A N D

r.jones1116 said:
You really think Dolan is risking millions of dollars on the premises that there might be a deal. ...
Why not? He's getting on in years. He might be a little senile now. I know lots of old folks that grab onto an idea and refuse to let go, even when confronted by reality.

r.jones1116 said:
You really think Dolan is risking millions of dollars on the premises that there might be a deal. There will be a deal and Voom will live. U N D E R S T A N D

I think he will be more careful with his own money that he was with the last 661 million of the shareholder's funds.

FOV

Friend of Vurbano said:
I think he will be more careful with his own money that he was with the last 661 million of the shareholder's funds.

FOV
Uh-oh. Vurb's bringin' in reinforcements. Look out! :shocked :D

Walter L. said:
I think that Friend of Vurbano came from AVSForum after vurbano posted this:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=5307443#post5307443

CPanther95 is that you? :D
vurbano, you went to avs and told on us?? LOL.
Wait a minute, what am I talking about "us"? I don't bash you. Keep fightin' the good fight! (I don't know what that means). For the record, I don't consider you a Voom basher. But there certainly are some people around here who go nuts if someone even entertains the possiblity that Voom might fold.

Was this thread really moderator-created as a "Vurbano slamming" thread? And does "Vurbano slamming" mean it's for us to slam Vurbano or for Vurbano to slam whatever he'd like to slam? :confused:

Walter L. said:
I think that Friend of Vurbano came from AVSForum after vurbano posted this:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=5307443#post5307443

I understand what Vurban is saying. I understood it a week ago when he first started saying it. It's opinion; I have another and I'm not looking to make converts but they are some folks on AVS that want Voom to close down and I don't understand why. Clearly, it is not threat to D* or E*.

Jamey K said:
It's opinion.

nope 3/31 is fact. no deal exists until signed and when it is signed it will be announced. and filed with the SEC. Everything or anything else is speculation or "opinion"

vurbano said:
very funny boo :p But if thats Pradike in disguise Im gonna puke.

Red Alien.

more friends of Vurbano

Sorry for this rant:

Most of you voomers are pathetic. Once the sale of your satellite is complete, your finished. Ergan isn't gonne give it back, he needs it.

THE ONLY WAY VOOM WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE IS THROUGH THE GOOD GRACES OF ECHOSTAR (as a channel provider).

You all love to act like C. Dolan is some kind of visionary. He ain't! If voom is so great, why is his family breaking apart! He needs to listen to his son and get real. This aint HBO!

C. Dolan is just another old bum that's trying to save A TERRIBLE BUSINESS! Most of you all don't know squat about tv or the tv business. CONTENT IS KING, AND VOOM DOESN"T HAVE IT! "EYE OVER ITALY" ISN"T GONNA MAKE PEOPLE SWITCH.

READ A BOOK OR SOMETHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts