Other Opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the pre- board meeting phase of this week, Vurbano was definetly routing for VOOM. I think he still is. All he wants is closure and is a little impatient for it. I can understand that. I am probably older so I can wait and just enjoy reading this forum and watching VOOM. I would not put him in the hard bashing catagory. Not like a few others here who have been selective in their facts.

I think we can take critisism. Yes we would like to have had this done but we have another deadline to make it interesting. C. Dolan and good sons, I believe, are working hard to complete the deal that young Jimmy f&%ked up. He has the experience and the attorney's to do just that. His board also acted in a reasonable way to satisfy Wallstreet and impatient stockholders.

Enough fun

Can this thread just go away? :confused:

I am not a Vurbano supporter and do feel his posts often take a negative slant. In fact one of my posts is early in this thread but this is inappropriate.

FrankJo said:
And BTW, in two years, e* and d* will have equal the number of offerings that voom would have if its still around, which it won't be.

Don't hold your breath on that one. What kills me is that you people seem to have all the answers except one. If Voom dies then we all loose. There will be no incentive to have anymore HD on D* or E* except what you have now.
BTW, the 1500 HD channels that D* claims they will have in 2007, excuse me, the next century, is for LIL. Now go enjoy your your 6 HDLIte channels.

vurbano said:
Umm FYI. A moderator took my post from another thread and created this thread without my knowledge. Apparently to create this mess. I didnt ask for it. And if you read back Scott even joined in in the bashing. I suppose this "other opinions" thread is the new SOP on how they will now handle posters that stick to the facts and wont jump on the bandwagon speculation express. :rolleyes:

Yes he did because you failed to stay on topic in the other thread.
You kept harping on your belief that "Voom would die if". You stated it once which is ok in the appropriate thread.But you kept stating it over and over in the wrong thread. Sorry but many people grew tired of it.

Agreed, this thread is what we called in the Army a "Cluster fu**" Sean, you do great work here and I always liked your posts but lately with all the merging and thread manipulation the entire section has become a mess. People have posts that speak to stuff that doesn't appear and it has become a problem to follow any thought process, not that it matters much but for entertainment's sake, reading disjointed threads here is a waste of entertainment time.
I respectfully request you back off all the thread manipulation. Heck, I made some posts with questions to JL's excellent comments on the FCC response process that have gotten relocated somewhere and I can't find them now. I don't know if he responded or not. I'm sure in the process of bouncing stuff around you may have accidently deleted it. Oh well. Hope you take this in a very constructive way. I, otherwise, have always liked your efforts here.

To everyone:

We are trying to be as careful as possible to let the threads leave in their natural way. However, when the initiator of the thread request OT discussion off the thread and there are certain individuals who do not comply we try to get the OT discussion out of it. It seems like there are some individuals who really just trying to make every effort to detoriate threads no matter how many PM we send them. We are in the process of re-evaluating a lot of things (including banning some members). Hopefully it will make life easier for everyone. This thread is useless and therefore is now officially closed.

Please PM me if you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts