Our complaints don't matter to DISH

Gary Murrell said:
Let me add a big strike 4 because I agree with those first 3 to a "T"

Strike 4) OLN!!!!!! :(

I pay 140$ a month to Dish and sub to the NHL Center Ice and yet, I still have to miss 6 friggin Red Wings games already this year and more to come

OLN is not Dish Networks fault, I blame OLN.

Dish's contract was for OLN and all programming on OLN. OLN was blocking the NHL games from Dish as they wanted more money, so Dish took them off for not honoring their contract.

I actually applaud Charlie for that one.

bdemz said:
I also own a 921 $1000. I will not turn this box in even for a free one on lease.

I'm going to trade in an old 4900 instead. Buy a cheap used receiver activate it for a few weeks, and do the same thing if you want to keep your hardware.

I'll keep my 921 to either resell or as a future backup receiver (Only my main TV is important enough to me to require all the new channels). Wihin two years there will probably me a mandatory swapout as they want to turn off the mpeg2 streams eventually.

Scott Greczkowski said:
OLN is not Dish Networks fault, I blame OLN.

Dish's contract was for OLN and all programming on OLN. OLN was blocking the NHL games from Dish as they wanted more money, so Dish took them off for not honoring their contract.

I actually applaud Charlie for that one.

Yeah, I blame OLN/Comcast also. OLN sneaks through my basic cable filter so I don't miss it.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Trust me guys they ARE listening. :)

In fact looking at whos online now I see more people from Echostar viewing the threads then I ever recall seeing.

Use your voice!
Yep.... Just got a call from Dish in reply to an email I sent.

My first comment was the downsizing of the voom channels to 1280x1080. They are very aware of our comments. His reply was they will bring the voom channels back to "hi rez" when the MPEG4 rollout is complete. I also told them the HDNet channels look alot better than the voom channels. I could tell he was taking a lot of notes.

gdarwin said:
Yep.... Just got a call from Dish in reply to an email I sent.

My first comment was the downsizing of the voom channels to 1280x1080. They are very aware of our comments. His reply was they will bring the voom channels back to "hi rez" when the MPEG4 rollout is complete. I also told them the HDNet channels look alot better than the voom channels. I could tell he was taking a lot of notes.

I just got a call as well and was told they are indeed watching this VERY closely. And that they are working on things, again they mentioned the MPEG4 is no where being near ready and that is whats causing some of the issues.

Keep using your voices folks they are listening.

richmert said:
i have a suggestion if anyone is listening. give existing mpeg2 HD customers all the channels in hdlite and guarantee that when they move to mpeg4 everything will be in full 1920x1080. i mean isnt the purpose of mpeg4 to give them more bandwidth? so they could give us the channels in low rez now and promise us full rez at mpeg4 release. that would make me call and order new receivers at any price instead of looking for alternatives.

I think that's what a lot of the subs thought was going to happen when they started to down rez. Use PQ to entice subscribers to voluntarily agree to subsidize the upgrade to MPEG4. Instead they are using a big chunk of new channels to accomplish it.

I'd definitely opt for PQ, but graded on a "hinkey" scale, this plan is much less hinkey than degrading the PQ on MPEG2 HD then charging you to upgrade to MPEG4 just so you can maintain the status quo.

To me this would be win-win for all if Dish would:

In my opinion, since they've already down-rezed some of the channels and we haven't seen the new ones anyway, they'd be further ahead to put all the new channels up in HD-Lite for existing MPEG2 receivers now while they're handling the upgrades and then when MPEG4 is ready most everyone that's going to upgrade will have had ample time to do so.

As long as subs understand they'll be giving up some HD PQ temporarly during the transition in exchange for having the new channels durning that period, I think most would accept this.

Be logical about this. They ARE NOT going to give us full rez back until MEPG4 is up and working anyway. But if they'd at least put the new channels up in MPEG2 now and make it clear those channels WILL be back to high rez when MPEG4 is ready BUT also be GONE for MPEG2 at that time, then nobody really has anything to bitch about.

I see it as win-win for Dish. It lightens the pressure to rush MPEG4 before it's ready. It takes away a lot of the discontent for existing subs and most important, it spreads out the time frame for getting the new receivers to everybody that wants them.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Trust me guys they ARE listening. :)

In fact looking at whos online now I see more people from Echostar viewing the threads then I ever recall seeing.

Use your voice!

When you were face to face.......what did they say the purpose of reducing resolution was? What was their intentions as to restoring resolution? I have closely followed these threads over the last month and still see no answer to those questions and had hoped that you would ask?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just got a call as well and was told they are indeed watching this VERY closely. And that they are working on things, again they mentioned the MPEG4 is no where being near ready and that is whats causing some of the issues.

Keep using your voices folks they are listening.

Not to be pesimistic but we received a lot of emails like that before CES, and we were told that they weren't going to MPEG4 and they were reducing the number of VOOM channels to 15 so they could restore PQ, equipment would not become obsolete, they are the leaders in HD, they care about our existing customers....etc, etc. How many kicks in the teeth do we take and say "thank you, may I have another"?

Sorry, the proof has been in the results and talk is cheap. It's great to have hope but in the several years I have been with Dish, they have disapointed time and time again.......it's hard to keep getting your hopes up based on rumors that never comer true except in the negative sense.

kokomogator said:
Not to be pesimistic but we received a lot of emails like that before CES, and we were told that they weren't going to MPEG4 and they were reducing the number of VOOM channels to 15 so they could restore PQ, equipment would not become obsolete, they are the leaders in HD, they care about our existing customers....etc, etc. How many kicks in the teeth do we take and say "thank you, may I have another"?

Sorry, the proof has been in the results and talk is cheap. It's great to have hope but in the several years I have been with Dish, they have disapointed time and time again.......it's hard to keep getting your hopes up based on rumors that never comer true except in the negative sense.

Like Scott said, they ARE listening and they are responding to emails.

Dish however is in business to make money, so whether we're able to change anything probably depends on how many of us post our disatisfaction and articulate just what we're unhappy about.

As bad as I bash Dish sometimes, I don't think they're stupid and if they can be made to see a reasonable compromise solution, that's economically feasable and will help mend fences for enough of us, they just might do it.

Like Scott said, keep talking and emailing but be reasonable,pithy and mainstream.

waltinvt said:
Like Scott said, they ARE listening and they are responding to emails.
Dish however is in business to make money, so whether we're able to change anything probably depends on how many of us post our disatisfaction and articulate just what we're unhappy about.
As bad as I bash Dish sometimes, I don't think they're stupid and if they can be made to see a reasonable compromise solution, that's economically feasable and will help mend fences for enough of us, they just might do it.
Like Scott said, keep talking and emailing but be reasonable,pithy and mainstream.
You didn't Really say "pithy" did you? :D :D
Really, I have emailed and called and tried to be "pithy" and I don't know how to be "mainstream", not in my nature...:devil:

Speaking of OTA...

942 and 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)