‘Outlander’ on Starz

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
NELLIE ANDREEVA
Starz has given a series order to Outlander, a drama based on Diana Gabaldon’s bestselling fantasy/romance/adventure series of books. I hear the project, from Battlestar Galactica developer Ron Moore and Sony Pictures TV, has received a 16-episode order.

Source & More: deadline.com

Last edited:
Ron moore Q&A

With Starz's Outlander, what's the draw there for you?

I really like the period -- and I get to do two periods. I'm a fan of history and historical fiction, so I get to do the 1940s and I get to do the 18th century, which is a treat for me. I really like creating those worlds; that's the one similarity to what I've done in sci-fi. With Battlestar Galactia, everyday, we were creating a world that doesn't really exist and I really enjoy that. I enjoy the challenge of it in the production sense and I like creating something that is a departure from where we all live.

hollywoodreporter.com

Outlander fans can get out in front of the new series on Starz.

The premium channel will give fans of the show, which is being adapted from Diana Gabaldon’s international best-selling books and executive-produced by Ronald Moore (Battlestar Galactica), a chance to watch the show’s first episode on various platforms, a week before it makes its linear debut.

Starz CEO Chris Albrecht, in advance of the programmer’s July 10 presentation at the Television Critics Association at the Beverly Hilton, said that free sampling of the pilot will begin on August 2 via myriad affiliate on-demand vehicles and online outlets. Outlander is slated to open on Starz on Saturday, August 9 at 9 p.m. (ET/PT).

multichannelnews.com

I'm looking forward to this. The period piece caught my eye from the first trailer I saw on Starz. The problem is it is Starz's and they have a habit of turning great stories into stinkers.. I hope I'm wrong. Setting my timer as soon as I can.

HTPC so it was on the 60inch in the living room with surround.

Went ahead and recorded the free preview on Dish 102 also, girlfriend and I watched it again, but it has Starz subscription pop ups and they blurred out the nudity since it was on an open channel.

I downloaded it from YouTube and watch it on my living room big screen. I liked what I saw. It followed the first 70 pages or so of the novel pretty closely. Looking forward to the next seven episodes and I hope the second eight episodes of season one air in January rather than next summer. The AMC style of "lets spread one season over two years" crap is getting old.

Also, the audio on both the YouTube video and the version airing on channel 102 appears to be in mono. I sure hope we get DD 5.1 on Starz.

...Also, the audio on both the YouTube video and the version airing on channel 102 appears to be in mono. I sure hope we get DD 5.1 on Starz.
That's why I didn't bother watching the free preview. I knew the sound would suck. Come Saturday I'm sure as can be the audio will be 5.1. I can't wait!

Pretty decent. I caught the free preview, but dont sub to starz....maybe I will wrangle a user ID to catch it this season, if not, ill watch once it goes off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)